𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | BRAVE NEW WORLD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS THE NIGHT OF THE MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL CARNIVAL. Since Caroline was still tucked up in hospital after the accident, Klara, Bonnie and Elena were left to handle the preparations so the evening went off without a hitch. Though, the topic of conversation didn't manage to stray from Katherine Pierce.

"I mean, Katherine looked just like you. It was freakish." Bonnie set her eyes on Elena, who sighed exasperatedly. If she had a dollar for the amount of times she'd heard that line since Katherine blew into Mystic Falls, she'd be a millionaire. 

"She is my ancestor. Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria."

"You seem rather okay with the fact that there's another you just roaming the streets of Mystic Falls." Klara chuckled lightly to herself as she began to sort through the prizes. "Is that a sign that you're becoming a little too comfortable with this life-style." 

Elena rolled her eyes as she watched Klara wriggle her eyebrows. "I don't know, I can't explain it, okay? It's creepy, that's all I got."

"Well, how do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?" The Bennett witch pressed again, clearly irritating Elena with questions she didn't have answers to.

"I don't, but I could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing, or I could get these prizes to the ringtoss." Elena took the prizes that Klara had sorted, and changed to booths. 

"Well, have you spoken to Damon since he snapped Jeremy's neck on your bedroom floor?" Klara asked and immediately noticed a change in attitude as Elena's entire body stiffened up. 

"No. I haven't." The doppelganger snapped. "And I won't, and I don't wanna talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire-related. Okay? I'm human. And I have to do human stuff otherwise, I'm going to go crazy."

Klara and Bonnie both looked at each other and nodded, giving her a look of sympathy. "Okay, but if I have to keep sorting through these prizes, I'm gonna go crazy." Klara grunted. "How the hell does Caroline do this?"

"Because she's not human, obviously." Elena cracked a joke, causing the three girls to actually laugh for the first time in what felt like forever.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Much to their surprise, the turn-out for the carnival was massive. It was a huge success. The three girls walked through the carnival, admiring the work as Bonnie sighed. "The ringtoss is out of Bart and Homer dolls, and team Jacob Tees."