Chapter 1: Literally stumbling into my life?

Darkness. Pain. The smell of blood and metal.

Those were all he could feel.

He slowly opened his eyes, struggling to breathe...

The voice said:" I would apologize, but you know its kinda your own fault". It came closer hushing over his ear:" you know I hate snitches, right? You cant get away with what you did. Even if you change cities, even if you change countries, I always will find you."

Trying to get some air in his damaged lungs, he forced out:" Y-you were.. H-how.."

-You thought you got rid of me huh? Got me in trouble for what I did to your little stupid sidekick?" the man laughed, loud and ugly:" well I'll have you know, I've got my own minions too. Some are loyal enough to get in jail instead of me. But for now.." he nodded to a ginger girl at his right:"...You've got some lessons to learn."

Then came a brush of cold metal, and he screamed

.

.

.

.

.

Seth ***

"mom! I'm going down to Craig's. Need anything?" I said as I grabbed my car keys.

-no no... wai- oh god- wait a minute, ugh-...

I rolled my eyes at her failing attempts to fix her to fix her jacket's zip. She kinda became funny when she was frustrated, all mumbling and cursing.

-baby, can you take the house keys with you? I'm going over to your grandma's. and staying the night. And tomorrow probably. You know me and your aunt agreed to take tur.. wait who is this Craig again?

  I groaned:" mom! There is no one named Craig! It's the media store down the street. The one sally always goes to? Remember? Annnnnd for god's sake why are you leaving for two days I need you I'm gonna die without y-"

-tacos and chicken soup are in the fridge.

I smiled and shrugged:" all's good then. Tell granns I said hi." She smacked my head " good to know you're so worried about your 80 yearold grandmother who just had a heart surgery 6 days ago! And I swear to god you and your dad just need me for my..."

-awesome cooking skills yes mom we all know you almost got into culinary school but you ended up being a nurse blah blah I love you just...get in the car.

My mom scowled:" rude child." she got into her car and rolled the window down:" get something for Sally too. You know she likes that Country stuff." I shook my head and kissed her cheek:" all right all right. Just go. Take care." 

I waited until she disappeared at the corner and then I threw my fist in the air:" YEEEES! Yes yes YES!" considering that my dad was working a night shift & my younger twin sisters, Sammy and Sally were at a night over...I...was... HOME ALONE!

OK. 

It's not like I was gonna throw a party or some shit, as a sane teenager would. I was a creepy little shit and preferred to stay home, ACTUALLY alone, with my sweet iPod, Netflix and apple juice. 

Yep. I like apple juice.

I patted the navy blue jeep at my right. It's just this old baby and me tonight. I got in & started the engine then drove down the road as I whistled. 

 ***

It was around 10 p.m when I got out of the store, grinning like an idiot because, HELL I found some good, good stuff. Unlike my dear annoying sister who was obsessed with country music, I preferred the old ones. From 50s Jazz, all the way to 80s rock, I loved it all.
I got a Jason Mraz album for sally anyway. Pretty sure it's not country, but the cashier who knew Salls said she'd like it.

As I was walking to the jeep and taking a look at the albums, I felt something crashing into me full-force. I almost fell but balanced myself soon enough. Ok seriously what the hell happend right now? As I got myself together and looked around to find the asshole who apparently couldn't walk, I scowled:" Dude! I know it's dark & all, but y'know there's um the street lights, & the store lights, & I think you have to actually be blind to no see where you're- ugh- honestly bro a "sorry" would be ni...- hey, you ok?" 

The guy who crashed into me was kneeling, hands on the ground, and didn't seem to react to my sarcastic rambling. 

Which honestly, is a rare occasion.

I started to panic a little:" hey um, dude? hey hey, what's wrong? Come on I'm sure you didn't hit that hard or...? C'mon dude..." I kneeled beside him:"...at least let me see whats wron- HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" 

The poor guy's face was ruined with bruises and cuts and he was pressing his hand to his side. And I was goddamn sure that wasn't anything but blood all over his white t-shirt and leather jacket. 

Now if I wasn't shit-scared I would've rolled my eyes to the back of my head cuz, stereotypical badboy looks couldn't have gone any further. but I WAS shit-scared so I just started rambling so I could calm down and think straight:" OH my god, how the...hell um...how did this ... are you stabbed? Holy hell of-fucking-course you are..yep that's ...exactly like me... to run into a stabbed guy in the middle of- okay calm your shit Seth ... uh; ok, ok, breath... um.. will you.." He flinched when I tried to take his hands off the wound and had the nerve to actually growle like a freaking wolf:" get...off m..me. Right. N..now!" but didn't have the strength to stop me. I had to see how deep it was so I lifted his jacket and t-shirt up. I inhaled loudly:" OH, yeah, yes, hospital definitely hospital."

Up until then he hadn't reacted too badly, but the second I tried to lift his body up so I could carry him to the jeep he almost kicked me in my ribs:" N-no.. no-t coming to a hospital..l."

I huffed:" are you... you're kidding me, right? BUDDY! In case you didn't notice you got a very severe cut in your gut, that may have hit some vital organs, & that shit needs to be taken care of, it needs stitches! You're either gonna get an infection or bleed to death if I don't get you to a doctor! Why are ... you know what I don't even know why I'm arguing with you. C'mon."

He tightened his grip on my hand as he shut his eyes in pain:" No! They'll a-ask questions. I-ugh.. you know wh-at.. 'm gonna be fi..ne"

I snorted:" for god's sake! You can't form a proper word without struggling for air." I mean I knew I could get into real trouble if I was the one who dragged a stabbed boy into a hospital. Cops could get involved. I scowled:" Whatever I'm not gonna let you die here cuz I would have to deal with police later. C'mon"

Then he looked me in the eyes for the first time:" Please."

& my breath hitched.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sooooo yeeeah. i know it's really little but i promise next ones will be more!

and here's a pic of  Seth who i thought would be like Alex From Target!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soooo, hey guys! It's been two years since I wrote this. I've the idea for this book completed for the longest time, and I thought it would be the time to get my ass together and write down this idea that I love so much. I hope I can stick to it this time and get people to notice this story. I remember researching so much on the topic of this book when I was 17 and loving every character I made. Here I am, 20 years old and still thinking this is a story worth telling. I hope you find it to be worth reading ❤