Chapter Two

Crystal's POV

        "... so as you may know, your test is next thursday. We will have a review on..." I could help but to continueally zone out. Mr. Brudz has always been a boring teacher.

        "Ms. Waters?!" I snaped my head up. "Are you falling asleep again?" This is the only time this class isn't boring, when I am being picked on by my teacher.

        I looked at ther class behind me and found my boyfriend looking entertained. I wordthed help me to him, but he just lookeed away. Well. guess what now! You and I are going to have a talk after class. I turned to my chanllenge and smiled. "I merely have a headache. I was closing my eyes because the flouresent lights are the reason." Let's see what he has to say after that.

        Mr. Brudz didn't budge. "I see. Then tell me, Ms. Waters, When are we having our test?"

        "Next Thursday," I answered easliy.

        "Okay, now tell me what it is over."

        He thinks he has me trapped, but I have a trick up my sleeve, and that trick is that the principle just walked in. "You know, Mr. Brugz, I was paying attention. We are have a test over evolution next Thursday." Here we go. I am taking a big chance. "You should worry about the kids asleep," I punded the side of my fist on the desk to the right ovf me, "before you begin to worry I am falling asleep. I am one of the few people you will meet that will close my eyes with a headache and you don't have to worry that i am asleep. Use your eyes! The are three people asleep in this room right now!" The bell rang and I sighed with relief.

        I looked around to see where the principle was. I didnt have to look for long. He was right behind me. "Ms. Waters, may I see you in my office for a moment?"

        And my last hope is now out of my system.

        "Oh, and Mr. Bruugz, get ahold of your sleeping students instead of picking on others."

        Or maybe not!

        After I got into his office, he closed the door. It is scary in here. I mean, what princilpe has an ax over his college degree?!

        Principle Heldton gestured to the seats in front of himas he sat down. "Pleease have a seat. I don't bite." I sat down. "Ms. Waters, you have a gift with words! It is amazing how you are capitble to make those above you feel like you are in charge." He smiled a kind smile. "I have two jobs for you. One, lead us to victory with this debate between the schools. Show those other schools we are in charge. Two, we have a new student. Make sure people treat him well. He is my third cousin. That doesn't make him anymore special than the others, but he has a way with words and such that make him be bullied at schools. The end result is never good for the other childeren. These jobs, of course, are opitional. Are you willing to do so?"

        Wow, this sounds like desperation to me! "Sure," I say with a shrug, "my words are very influention on over students here. As for your cousin, I would happily help him, but on one condition."

        Principle Heldton crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. "Name your price."

        I smiled, "The favor isn't for you. It is for your cousin."

        He looked interested. "Name it."

        "You see, my boyfriend has not been what you called a good boyfriend. I look to him for his help and he ignores me, yet he continues to act as though nothing is wrong. I want your cousin to help me out with him. I plan on dumping him."

        He looked interested, but cconfused. "So, how will he help you?"

        Now we're talking! "Make him realize that I am better off without him."

        Princilpe Heldton started to ask me how when I interupted him. " He will act as though he has a crush on me. As though I am his girlfriend and will help me out. Make him jealous."

        Principle Heldton held his hand out. "Let us shake on it."

        I grabbed his hand and shook it.

        "You will start tomorrow with my cousin. The debate isn't for another week. Rest, you will have a long day ahead of you." He handed me a peice of paper. "Here, take that to the office lady and grab your stuff. It is a pass to leave school."

        As I grabbed my stuff from my locker, I couldn't help but wonder why this was so important to him and why he had chosen me to help him with it. I know I am avoiding the obvious, but how can I not? I mean, I feel an atraction to a boy I don't even know! This is going to have to be hard for me. I hope it isn't, buit by the feel of things, I am going to be in danger soon. I have known this for the past month, but still, I feel as though a dark side is on its way to ruin my life.