Ch 7- Toys

"Hello?"

"...what?"

———————————————
It was Coralline. "Cora? Are you okay?" I ask worried.

{I..I don't know." She whispered. "I was taken...}

"What?! What do you mean taken???" I say now standing up.

{I was shopping for your birthday. Then when I was in the check out line, someone with a gun came in a took me to a warehouse.} she replies quietly.

She was shopping for my birthday? She was always the nicest person and did everything so early [bea's birthday is October 31st]. I can't believe this. I have to find her. Or at least find her location.

"Okay, share your location with me." I state.

I get a notification saying: "Cora🖤🔥 now shares her location."

"Perfect. Just keep your phone on. I'll be there quickly."
{no. Don't. I don't want you getting hurt, X.}

I smile faintly. "I won't get hurt. I'm a tough cookie."
{that you are. Be careful}
"I will. I promise I will get you out of there."

The call ends.

"Who was it?" Steve asks.
"Coralline. She's in trouble."
"How what happened?"
"Well. She told me a person with a gun took her and brought her to a warehouse. I don't know where but she shared her location." I reply showing my phone to him.

"Are you going to look for her?"

I throw my backpack over my shoulder. "Of course. She's my best friend."

"Well then we are coming too." Steve stands up.

"Uhm, no no no. You are not coming. One, I don't need you guys dying. Two, Bucky, someone could see you and report you to the police."

"Oh...right. Well, we can still back you up. Plus, I'm a great strategist."
"- and we don't need you dying either." Bucky adds.

"No."
"Yes."
"Yes."
"No.....damnit."

"Language!" I tease stepping out the door.
"Well you said yes so I am coming." Steve runs after me.

I roll my eyes and get in the car. James decided it was best if he stays home- and I agreed. Steve just got him and he is not losing him again.

"Let's go."
—————————————————
Time Skip
—————————————————

We were driving for quite awhile, but we finally pulled up to the place Cora was in. "This looks...nice." I say looking up and down at the warehouse. It was basically falling apart. The windows were broken, there was mold, just...everything seemed dead.

"I'll cover you." Steve whispered getting out of the car. "Thanks."

I stepped outside and headed for the door. It was locked, of course, so we climbed through one of the lower windows. Inside was filled with boxes and shelves. I could barely see anyone.

I heard a few people talking about moving boxes in section B. We were in section B...

"Steve..." I nervously whisper. "Its going to be fine. Go over there." He points to another section as he runs behind a shelf. The people were nearing and the section was way too far. I decided to do a really stupid thing. I jumped into one of the boxes and closed it.

My breathing got heavier as I saw their shadows through the cracks. They picked up a few boxes and added them to a cart type contraption. And just then I thought this would be the end.

They lifted my box. Wonderful.

I gulp hard and close my eyes tight. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

"Let's see what toys we have today." Says one of the voices with a husky laugh. "I heard these ones are made out of a fancy new metal." The cart stopped and they started opening a box directly in front of me. Then, I hear Cora's muffled voice.

"We should try it on her." The man says.
"What, no!" Coralline yells.

"Not yet, Danny. We gotta Wait, remember?" "Ugh, Fine."

They placed stuff back in the box and what it sounded like, walk away.

I waited a few moments and at the right moment I pushed open the top of the cardboard.

"Bea?" Says Corallines tired face. "Yes, it's me." I reply running quietly to untie her. "I'm glad you came." She says smiling faintly. "I wouldn't have left my best friend like that to die."

Steve soon joins us.
"We should go, we can't risk getting cau-"

"HEY!" Screams a man. He starts sprinting.
"Go get her out of here, I hold him off." Steve says turning to the guy. "C'mon, Cora." I grab her hand tightly and run out as quickly as I could. Gun shots pierce the dirt in front of us. I grab a scrap piece of metal and block us both.

"Go That way!" I yell over the loud noises, pointing to the woods. "I'll meet up with you!"

Coralline nods and sprints into the woods. I use the metal as a frisbee and chuck it at the man shooting. "That was awesome." I breathily tell myself.

I run into the woods after Coralline and call her name. "I'm here!" I say looking behind a tree. She was sitting up against it. "It'll Be Okay. Rodgers will be back and we can leave." I reassure her. She nods and I sit next to her.

Just then I hear beeping. "What's that?" Coralline questions. "I don't know." I look around and notice a flashing red light. "What the...?" I pause and my eyes widen. "A bomb. Coralline it's a bomb. Run! Run away!" I scream jumping up immediately. Before she could follow my steps, a big boom broke through the air.

I was flown upwards hitting a nearby tree trunk. Pain pierced through my whole body. I couldn't move. My ears were ringing loudly as my vision blurred. I notice a figure hover over me and shake my shoulders. Their mouth was moving but I couldn't make out words. As the ringing passed I could finally just barely hear their voice.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Please tell me you aren't dead." It was Bucky.

"Bucky...? I thought you stayed at the house." I manage to push out.

"You Guys we're gone so long I thought I would check on you." He replies.

I sit up and rub my aching head.
"Where's Steve? Coralline?" I ask.
"Steve's here. He ran out as soon as the explosion took place. And I don't really know where- or who Coralline is."

"Oh..." I try and stand up but he pushes me back down. "It's not safe."

"But I have to find Cora."
"Steve will find her."

I stay quiet but reluctantly agree.

Now we wait.
————————————————

Dun dun dunnnnnnn