Part thirty six- Daisy

Start from the beginning

I feel remarkably calm when I leave my cottage at eight Friday morning,  I already know,  I just need confirmation really and to make sure it's alright,  at eleven thirty I'm finally called in to see the doctor, I describe all of my symptoms,  he asks for a urine sample which he dips something in,  he doesn't seem surprised by the positive result, no more than I am and then he examines me, I try to remember the date of my last period but it was so long ago,  it's impossible. 

He puts me somewhere between fifteen and sixteen weeks,  it sounds about right,  he asks if I would like him to do an ultrasound, I want to see our baby so much that I agree but the guilt eats at me that Marshall isn't here to see this and be a part of this baby's life.

The image of Marshall's and I baby fills the screen,  the doctor plays with the audio and my ears are flooded suddenly by a distorted steady heartbeat, I begin crying and I can't stop,  I want Marshall he should be here for this,  I feel a tremend...

The image of Marshall's and I baby fills the screen,  the doctor plays with the audio and my ears are flooded suddenly by a distorted steady heartbeat, I begin crying and I can't stop,  I want Marshall he should be here for this,  I feel a tremendous amount of guilt that he isn't and so I make a decision to put my baby first before myself, my mother and my father, this baby needs it's dad and I'm going to make sure it gets him.

The doctor measures the baby and tells me it's nearer to sixteen weeks,  He says he can tell me the sex and I have to think about it for a moment. I want to find out with Marshall but I don't know if I'll ever get that chance so I say no to the doctor just so I have something to look forward to, I leave the surgery smiling clutching my scan photos to my chest I'm incredibly in love with this baby already and I'm glad it's safe and sound growing away inside me, I no longer feel quite so alone and now I'll always have a piece of Marshall with me.

Now for the worst part of the day visiting the man who calls himself my father, I had informed Rohan of the meeting but I'd phoned on the way to the castle and told him of my plan and not to come, he wasn't in any kind of state to deal with him today anyway.

Today I was going to be brave and tell my father there would be no wedding and that as soon as I could I'd leave England too and try to convince Marshall after all the hurt I'd caused him to take me back and even if he didn't want me, I'd still go to the states so he could be near his baby. I wasn't worried anymore about money, family honour or any of that rubbish,  my family was in Michigan as far as I was concerned.

My only worry was that he might keep his threat and hurt us, I tried to have a little faith that it wouldn't come to that though.
As I arrive at the castle and before I leave my car I carefully put away my scan photos hiding them in my diary at the bottom of my bag.
Bernie greets me outside the castle and leads me to my father's study, opening the door for me, he's sat at his desk reading the newspaper.

“Ahh my lovely daughter and Ro?” He stops mid sentance noticing that Rohan isn't with me

“What's going on Daisy, where is he?”, I take a seat opposite him, memories of the last time I sat here flood my mind and I'm suddenly feeling less brave, I find my voice eventually

“He's not coming father, I told him this morning that I won't be marrying him" I say it with more confidence than I feel, the Earl glares at me

“Daisy, do you need a reminder of what happens when you go against me?” he sounds perfectly calm which is even more frightening.
He pushes his phone across the desk towards me “Phone him and tell him it was a mistake and do it now!”

I don't move, I'm starting to feel sick though and internally beg my body not to betray the fact I'm carrying a baby “No, I'm not marrying him or anyone else you want to sell me too, I'm not a brood mare up for the highest bidder", I watch his face as several emotions flash across it but he chooses to laugh at me

“You are whatever I say you are, you are mine to do with as I please and it pleases me for you to marry Montgomery!” he stands, looking down at me and gestures towards the phone again,

“I've met someone and I'm going to live with him" I sound naive to even my own ears, but I'm quick as he picks up the phone and pulling the wires out of the socket and taking a swing at my head with it, I move away from him but he comes after me, grabbing at my dress, tearing it and pulling me back towards him, his mouth right by my ear and he shouts deafening me

“WHO!” 

he pulls me around to face him and so I tell him

“His name is Marshall!” I stare him down and see the moment it clicks whom I'm talking about

“The rapper, you've been fucking him? Have you no class Daisy, how could you lower yourself!” he says incredulously.

I shout back at him whilst managing to escape for a second “Yes the rapper and he's amazing" and so begins the mother of all arguments but I'm more than ever determined to not back down.