Like a Flash

Before we begin our next activity, we would like to congratulate our winners for the #ILoveAfrica mini-contest. Below are our favorite comments:

Yes, we have been labelled as a continent populated by savages- we still are and it surprises me when I see some post like 'seriously? Africa's got/can do this stuff?', but the one reason I have learned to love our motherland for is her strength. Foreign film productions don't know how right they are when the black guy/girl is the clichéd strong one in the group. We have had lots of setbacks yet we bounce right back up and I am proud of that. And our difference in culture, food, lifestyle and all is one hell of a mindblower. We are true and fun.

By _Inksquisite_

I love Africa because even though we are a diverse culture, we've not allowed it to hinder our growth. We are advancing in Science and Technology and proving to the world that we are more than just forests, deserts and culture. That we are people capable of change and integration. Our colour and culture makes us very unique but in no way has that hindered us from taking over the world. Africans all over the world rock.And together, we can demolish the thinking of other continents that we are just land and forest.

By nerdintown

Mama Africa, they ask me why I love you and I laugh for I believe the question should indeed be "Why won't I love you?" Indeed, what is not to love? The hue of your skin, which covers colors that range from pale to black. Your earth which is brown and red and black. Your hands which have nurtured me into the goddess that I am. Your drums and songs which make me merry. With your languages and accents, your voice is a diverse blend of beautiful melodies. Mama Africa, indeed the question should be "Why won't I love you?"

By 90sbambina

"Umntu ngumntu ngabantu" Which means "a person is a person through other people", or "I am because we are."That is the philosophy of my continent, my home, my people. We are diverse, a multitude of cultures. We are different yet connected. We are marked by centuries of pain. But the wisdom and strength of our ancestors flows through us too. I am because they were. They were strong, resilient, and wise. And I am now, because Africa is. I am her beauty, her joy, her hope. I am Africa. And Africa is me.

By MbekoSifolo

Once again, congratulations to the winners and we'd like to thank all the participants for the love they have shown to our beloved continent!

Next, is our new activity.

If you're like us, you've probably used public transport more times than you can count. So this time, we challenge you to write a two-sentence story that features a public transport of your choice. The trick is to use your local term for the public transport and to include humor within your short story! Post your entry in the comments section.