Chapter 2

Vacation my ass. Mystic Falls is the birthplace of both Stefan and I and we were raised here and yet we've never seen each other ever. We went to the exact same high school, hung out at the exact same places, but somehow we always missed each other. We didn't meet until we moved to the exact same place in New York and went to the exact same dinner party. Not even sure why Stefan was there because it was for my former boss as he retired before handing the company over to James. We were both sneaking peeks at each other all night. I would shake my ass tastefully to the music when I knew he was watching just to be a tease. I thought he was a distant relative or friend so I didn't really want to go there and be possibly related to my ex boss, but it was fun playing around.

The next time we met was just a few days later at a meeting in a bar. We were supposed to be joined by other people but they must have gotten the dates wrong because they never showed leaving Stefan and me alone. That night was when we found out that we were basically neighbors because we wanted to save the business talk for when our partners arrived. We drank and swapped stories and continued to voice our wonder on why we've never met back in the day before. That night I fucked him in his car. Not very proud since he was the enemy but he wasn't mine that night.

He took me back to his place where we fucked some more and the next morning he made me breakfast and we made out with me sitting on the table and him standing between my legs...which I wrapped around him. I gave him my number and we met up the following week and he asked me to be his girlfriend. I agreed and the rest is history.

"Ready?" He looks over at me.

Mystic Falls isn't bad, I'm being quite dramatic, really, but having lived there your entire childhood and part adulthood life it's not something that you would happily go back to. Not this place anyway. Too boring, only one good restaurant within miles, one mall, one lake. I was in dire need of an out once I graduated high school and I wasn't the only one it appears. Mystic Falls is a ghost town.

"Ready. I guess,"

Stefan chuckled then got out the car. The only reason I'm here with him besides the fact that I'm his girlfriend is that he managed to have a total of twenty-two sexual partners. Some he had an actual relationship with but others not so much. He needed me on his arm so they won't try anything or at least be a little "afraid" of approaching him with me there. I honestly don't mind, not saying that I had as nearly as many partners as he has, but he's a guy. As long as he's only making love to me now, I'm chill.

We decide to do a little walking around first before we go visit his mother. We want to see what changed, what remained the same and so far it hasn't changed a bit. I must admit that I'm having a sense of nostalgia walking down these streets. The exact streets where I would walk with my friends by my side talking about cheerleading and boys and the future. The same streets where I jogged to clear my mind or just to get away from my parents. I'm actually starting to miss my life here.

Stefan moves his hand to wrap around my waist and hugs me close and I figure that he's feeling the same things that I am. That, or he spotted a girl he dated. Whatever the reason, it feels nice

"Who would've thought the love of my life was right under my nose this entire time?"

He must've been feeling nostalgic. "I know right. I was just thinking so much about my life here, I'm starting to miss it a little."

"Same here."

"You miss the playa life?" He chuckled. "Seriously can't believe you had so many partners."

"When I had sex for the first time, it was like I became a slight addict. I was on the football team, girls wanted me and I was too nice to object."