CHAPTER ONE

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

SHE REACHED INTO HER POCKET

Her wand was still there, where she had always kept it. It hadn't felt like long since she'd last been here. This was her old home, but the only memories she had surrounding it was being sick all of the time, and witnessing her brothers go from loving each other to fighting each other.

She remembered the last fight she witnessed, as if it were yesterday. Had it been yesterday? She wasn't sure how much time had passed.

As she recalled the event, she realised that she'd forgotten the names of her brothers and their supposed...friend.

What were their names again?

Oh, that's right. Aberforth...Albus...and...Gellert.

Gellert, Albus and Aberforth were fighting, and it had scared her. They were so angry—even Aberforth, whom had always been so kind and patient around her.

When she'd jumped between them, trying to stop their fight, she'd been hit. At first she hadn't realised what she'd been struck by, and she remembered feeling dizzy and tired, and collapsing. She remembered her brothers screaming as she shut her eyes.

She could still feel the burning pain in her chest, coursing through her body. She could still smell the metallic tang of blood, though when she looked down, there was none. She was perfectly healthy and undamaged. She wasn't sure what sort of magic had brought her back, completely unharmed.

She remembered their crying; their tears. She hoped that they had stopped by now.

After all, based on the state of the house, it seemed like a very, very long time had passed.

Stepping inside, it appeared that nobody had come in here for a long while. Dust coated every surface, and there was furniture—everything positioned exactly as she remembered.

The floorboards creaked, and the only light source was the moonlight filtering through the grimy windows. The place smelt like dirt and rotting wood.

How long had it been?

The realisation that she was alone settled in on her suddenly, and her heart rate increased. She felt the urge to draw her wand despite there being no visible threats.

Exhaling to calm herself, she began to climb the stairs. Step by step, one foot after the other. When she reached the top, she glanced along the small corridor that she remembered, leading to the bedrooms.

Her room had always been the smallest, and their reasoning for it was always that it was because she was the smallest sibling.

As she made her way towards her room, she was consumed in the moment. Her thoughts went quiet as she pushed the familiar door open as she remembered doing so many times, and her breaths quickened as she saw the small bed, desk and bookshelf inside of the room.