Chapter 4

“NAT! NAT! NAT!” She yelled, even though I was right next to her.

“EMMA! EMMA! EMMA! You see how annoying that is?” I said imitating an old commercial.

“No, seriously! You have to take a look at this!” She said in a high pitched voice.

“Ok, but can you read it out loud. You know I hate reading.” I said moving to the other end of the couch so I could stretch my legs.

“Ugh, fine… Teen heartthrobs, One Direction and E! have come together to make a charity concert. All raised funds will go to the Saint Jude’s hospital. They reviled to E! News that they took an interest in helping people since they formed the band. Aren’t they just the sweetest guys? We will update on more of the concert date, location, and prizes later on today.” She said in a reporter’s voice.

“Blake’s birthday is coming up. Do you think your dad can get us some tickets?” I asked. Emma’s dad worked as a producer on E! and has hooked us up with a bunch of concert tickets.

“Yeah. I’ll call him later. But remind me because you know how I am.”

“Ok.” I simply answered back.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I heard a high-pitched scream and feet stomping all over the first floor.

“And this,” she paused, “is the final stage.”

“Dinner! Dinner! Nickole and Trish are coming over in an hour! Miles! Come help me! Take the kitchen out of the freezer! The rice is in that cabinet! Hurry! Hurry!" she said in an incredibly loud voice. Could this girl be any louder?

After the loudest gasp I've ever heard, she screamed at the top of her lungs: "Can someone get me some CARROTS!?"

"Did she just say...? Never mind. I better go help before this gets ugly." miles says before he pushed himself off the couch.

I chuckled at his confusion and saw as I he disappeared into the kitchen.

“C’mon! Let’s go help them out. She’s gonna ask for out help at some point, anyway…” she stood up and signalled for me to follow her.

Just as I stood up, I felt something vibrate in my back pocket. “Give me a second. I’ll be right there.” I stopped in my track and looked at the caller ID.

Blake.

I just knew she was going to call.

"Hullo? Blake?" I said into the phone.

"Nat! You are not gonna believe this!" she said in a hushed tone.

"Why are you whispering?" I asked.

"That doesn't matter! Moms talking to-" she was cut off by loud screaming.

"Blake! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! YOU'RE NOT TELLING NATALIE ARE YOU?!?" I heard my mom’s thick accent through the phone.

"Sorry! Gotta go." She said just before hanging up.

"But you didn’t tell me who mom was talking to!" I said even though she was no longer listening.

“If I was your man (baby you)

Never worry ‘bout (what I do)

I'd be coming home (back to you)

Every night, doin' you right 

You're the type of woman (deserves good things)

Fistful of diamonds (hand full of rings)

Baby you're a star (I just want to show you, you are) 

You should let me love you 

Let me be the one to give you everything you want and need

Baby good love and protection 

Make me your selection 

Show you the way love's supposed to be 

Baby you should let me love you, love you, love you”  I heard music coming from the kitchen.

            It wasn’t the radio, I can tell you that. But it was amazing. Two voices harmonizing to perfection while the guitar was being played. I walked into the kitchen to find Emma and Miles sitting side by side in the countertop while Caytlin played the guitar.

“You deserve better girl (you know you deserve better) 

We should be together girl (baby)

With me and you it's whatever girl, hey!

So can we make this thing ours?” I sang joining in.

“You should let me love you 

Let me be the one to give you everything you want and need

Baby good love and protection 

Make me your selection 

Show you the way love's supposed to be 

Baby you should let me love you, love you, love you” we all sang the last chorus together.

“EEEE! Wouldn’t Zayn and Nat do like the most perfect duet, together?” Caytlin said, sitting next to Miles.

“I know…” Em responded.

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked in confusion.

“Zayn sang that in the audition.” Caytlin said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“The audition for what?” I asked. Blake probably told me but I had totally toned her out.

“Looks like we need to have a little talk.” Emma said, getting down from the countertop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: HEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY! Please let me know if I have some grammar mistakes.