Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Tyler POV

We walked into the kitchen and there was a flurry of movements as the cooks and the assistants busy cooking all sorts of foods. I saw Sally with a red apron tied around her waist setting plates on the table at the other side of the kitchen. My stomach growled at the smell and the sight of the food. I blushed as I saw several people looking at me with a smirk.

Deacon grabbed my upper arm and guided me around the busy people and I made it on the other end. Sally pushed me into the chair and she set a plate of food in front of me. I started eating, the flavor exploded in my mouth.

"This is very good," I said with food my mouth.

"Thank you," Sally said smirking.

"No, thank you," I said and continued eating.

Suddenly I heard a cell phone ring and saw Deacon fishing it out of his pocket and flipping it opened and pressed it against his ear. After a few short words he closed the phone.

"I got to go, Sally, would you mind finishing the tour for me?" Deacon said.

"Sure," Sally said smiling.

"Welcome abroad," Deacon said to me.

I nodded and he left.

"So, I'm sure you have tons of questions, so ask away," Sally said cheerily.

"Is there any helpful tips?" I asked.

Sally thought for a bit and said. "When you face Ash or Eric, they will harass you, just don't make a big deal just walk on. Unless they did something drastic then make a big deal. Since you are human; therefore, try to be quick, Deacon hates slow pokes."

"Why did you say, human?" I asked.

Sally looked at me very long and hard and she sighed. "Deacon is going to be mad at me for this," she muttered and looked at me. "Tyler, honey, about 97 percent of the people here are..." Sally paused. "Vampires."

I was silent for a long moment and then I busted out laughing.

"Vampires?" I said laughing, "Are you kidding me?"

Sally glared at me, her eyes glowing sharp green, and I saw the tips of her fangs poking out. She gave me a smile showing me the full length of her deadly and real fangs. The laughter died in my throat and my heart started to speed up. I looked around looking for a way to escape.

Suddenly, Sally grabbed my wrist and I looked at her. Her face was back to normal.

"Don't even escape, you are stuck here and even though we are vampires, you are safest here. The people that raped you are not human nor are they vampires."

I took a deep breath and looked at Sally. "Who are they then?

"Werewolves." She said simply.

My mouth dropped and I stared at her in pure shock.

"Yeah, the world that you used to live in is oblivious to the supernatural. Every monster or mythical creatures you have read does exist. Vampires, werewolves, witches, fairies, and even the Loch Ness monster exist."

"But its not possible," I stuttered.

"But it is and its real, I know you're shocked, but get over it. You have a job to do and we haven't harmed you thus far," Sally said getting up.

I shook my head and got up and followed Sally out, my head was still reeling from the news.

Sally showed me nearly the entire castle and we stopped in front of the elevator.

"Goodnight, you begin working tomorrow," Sally said.

The elevator dinged opened and I walked out, I headed straight to the room I was staying in. I sat on the bed and leaned my head against the post and exhaled.

'God, why did you put me through this?' I prayed in my head. 'Please give me strength.'

I looked at the balcony and walked toward it. I opened the window and climbed out. I looked around, nothing but trees surrounded the area. The sun was setting and the trees cast long shadows. I sat on the railing and pulled my foot close so I can rest my chin on my knees. I stared out into the beautiful sunset; I was so mesmerized I didn't notice, Deacon's presence until he cleared his throat.

I jumped startled and looked at him.

"Sorry, how are you doing?" he asked.

"Recovering, you?" I asked.

"Eventful," he murmured.

"Come here for a second," I said.

He stepped closer

"Smile broadly," I said.

He looked at me suspicious, but he smiled broadly flashing his teeth.

I saw the short but unusual canine teeth. I reached out and tapped it and it was real.

"What are you doing?" Deacon said.

"They are real," I whispered mainly to myself.

Understanding dawned on his face, and then he took a solemn look.

"You know?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said still curious.

I pushed his lips opened to see the fangs, Deacon sighed and then I saw the sharp green eyes and elongated fangs.

"Wow," I whispered my thumb moved across the corner of his lips.

Deacon closed his eyes and his head leaned against my hand. I didn't now what was happening, but I leaned closer, my lips only mere inches away. I felt his soft breath tingling my lips. I bit my lower lip and move forward out lips centimeters away.

Suddenly the door opened and I jerked my head and my hand back. Sally appeared at the window.

"Dinner is ready," she said.

"Thank you," Deacon replied curtly.

His face returned to normal and he looked frustrated. I got off the railing and went into the room and walked out for dinner.