chapter 1

Chapter one

I jumped from tree branch to tree branch, hunting for a delicious lion to drain. Pausing on a thick branch, my senses sprang alive as I cocked my head to one side, sniffing the air curiously. My heightened sense of smell had never failed me, and I easily picked up the scent of one to the north of me. I snarled softly and took off, still jumping from tree to tree.

About half a mile north, I spotted the lion. He was a magnificent golden male, with a thick mane and strong limbs. I could almost feel the blood that coursed through his veins, pulsing underneath his throat. Crawling on the branch quietly, I stalked him, and sensing an ominous presence, he stopped and sniffed the air. I used that moment to attack, lunging forward swiftly with a growl. I fell on top of the animal's back and bit into the throat at a speed comparable to light; I savagely tore at its veins. The hot blood seeped into my mouth, and my tongue twitched with the sweet taste. The blood went down my throat, quenching my vicious thirst, and I sucked the dying, fallen animal's neck until its body was but a limp form. The lion never had a chance.

I snarled and stood up, wiping my mouth with my arm. Normally, I was gentler with hunting, but I was pissed off and took it out on this poor animal. I paced the area trying to vent out my anger so that such an attack wouldn't have to take place again, when suddenly, a mouthwatering scent overwhelmed me. Before I knew it, my feet were following the scent. My feet and my nose worked together; I ran a mile or so in a couple of seconds, and made it into a clearing. Weak sunlight filtered through the trees, shedding light on a scene that scared me; yet to my vampire side, thrilled me.

There was a body on its side, seemingly unconscious and naked. I could smell the blood oozing from it, and my mouth watered. I ventured closer, and saw that the body was mangled and battered. The body was that of a young male; I knelt down and gently rolled him over. I could see teeth marks all over his torso, some deeper than others. I could also see white smears and blood on his butt and never regions and blood and the same white substance in his mouth. He had long red hair, and his hands were bound. I sniffed and snorted. The smell of werewolves covered him.

"Figures; werewolves can't control their sexual urges so they gang-raped a poor boy," I muttered, while severing the bounds around his wrists.

When I was finished, I reached out gingerly and brushed his bangs from his eyes. My fingers brushed against his skin lightly, and I gasped as I felt what felt like an almost-electric shock pass through me. I jerked my hand back and the boy moved; well, more like his chest expanded.

I looked at his face; he was pale, with a rounded face and stubble. He was small and skinny; he had muscles, but not nearly enough to fight someone off. His face was the canvas for bruised cheeks and busted lips, a horrible, sad sight. Normally, to my kind this was a free meal, regardless if the person was gang-raped by a pack of werewolves. However...I didn't know why, but something was telling me, for some reason, not to kill this boy.

"Damn it," I groaned and carefully lifted him into my arms.

A moan of pain came from him, and I took off, running full speed back to the castle. It was a stone building in the middle of the forest, where I lived. It was your normal castle: gray rock stones stacked on top of each other to create a gigantic masterpiece, one that could be seen for miles around. The heavy door creaked open and I walked in, still carrying the boy.

While the exterior was antique, however, the inside looked like all the modern technology had thrown up. Elevators, plasma TVS, Wii, Xbox 360 and Play Station 3 were all over the place.

"SALLY!!" I shouted.

"Coming... here," a young-looking woman said, appearing beside me.

"Get the hospital equipment; I want him thoroughly searched and bandaged up please, and put him on my bed when you are done," I ordered.

"Yes, sir," Sally said, and snapped her fingers in agreement.

A burly man appeared and gently took the boy from my arms, and then he and Sally disappeared. I sighed and got into a nearby elevator, and set it to go up to the top floor, which was mine in its entirety. When I reached to my destination, I took off my bloodied and stinking clothes, and threw them in the garbage. I then jumped into the shower and used a sweet-smelling Coconut soap, and cleaned off my body. I used Coconut shampoo and washed my hair too, enjoying the feel of the warm water soothing my scalp. When I got out, I had just dried myself and got into boxers, when the doors busted open and the burly man entered, bringing the now clean male in.

Sally walked in behind him, "Well, he is banged up really bad; those werewolves did a number on him. He has a fractured upper left arm, several broken ribs, and his upper leg is fractured in the right side. As you probably guessed, he was gang raped, so he has severe tearing and bruising in his anal canal. He has been given a shot of morphine so that he won't feel the brunt of the pain, but...It's amazing that he survived, even at the hands of brutes," Sally snarled softly at the last part.

"Okay, thank you, Sally," I said dismissing her.

The two of them left and the door closed, leaving me alone with him. He looked pale on my black satin sheets; even paler than before. I heard a sliding sound and turned my head to see a folder on the floor, apparently sent form underneath the door. I picked it up and looked at it; there was a sticky note on it.

More info on your John Doe,

Sally.

I opened the file and saw the male's face.

Name: Tyler Johnson.

Employment: Secretary of a CEO of BP.

Location: The city of Toronto.

I sighed and read on. His mother and father were divorced. His mother was in California, father in Florida.

I closed the folder, not wanting to read any more at the moment, and placed it on the table, and then sat on the edge of the bed next to him. I carefully brushed his bangs out of his eyes; I touched his skin and felt the same static feel I'd felt before. I suddenly got the strongest urge to wrap my arms around him and never let go; the feeling overwhelmed me. My arms seemed to have minds of their own as I started reaching toward him, but then I shook my head and got up quickly.

'What am I doing,' I thought, and walked to the closet and put on comfortable clothes. My mind seemed to be unable to be cleared as I left the room to go to my office next door.