Ch2: Showing Off

Toothless's pov

We all landed on one of the rocks surrounding Berk since Hiccup wanted to test out Turquoise and her rider's skills. Turquoise took off and started doing all kinds of tricks and flips. "Hey Toothless. I think someone is showing off for you" Hook fang pointed out, looking at me. "Who even says it's me she's showing off for?" I asked. "Well your the one she's known the longest" Storm fly explained.

"That means nothing, she had a mate and a hatchling" I explained. "Yeah. Had. She doesn't anymore so she may be looking for a mate" Hook fang spine, swishing his tail. "I'm not interested in having a mate. So even if she was showing off for me, I wouldn't be interested" I told them.

For some reason, it felt like I was lying to myself and them. Before I could question further, Turquoise returned, landing in front of us. Hunya looked terrified as Turquoise looked at us. "What was with all the tricks" Barf and Belch asked at the same time before they started fighting. "Just a little something I learned" she replied. "So you had a mate and hatchling" Meatlug asked. "Yes" she replied. "Where are they now?" Stormfly asked, hitting my tail with hers. I looked at her.

"My mate was killed by a dragon hunter that wanted to kill me as well and my hatchling was killed by a Skill" she replied, stretching out her wings before folding them again. "What about your rider?" Hookfang asked. "She's the one who shot half my tail with an arrow" Turquoise replied as Hunya got off Turquoise. "Your pretty fast, especially with both tail fins gone" I commented, stepping closer.

"That's Frida's work. She built and improved the fins" she, explained, bringing her tail forward to show the red fins. I heard noise behind me and noticed that all the other dragons had backed up, leaving just Turquoise and myself here. I looked down at the rock before looking at Turquoise with a smile, her ear fins went down at first before she laughed and copied.

I jumped to the side a little in excitement as she turned herself to keep face to face with me. "So are you looking for a new mate?" I asked. "I might be. You might have to figure out on your own" she replied, moving her tail behind her.

'Was that a hint. Does she want me to be her mate. I haven't been around other Nightfury's in a long time. I don't remember anything to do with getting a mate' I thought, unsure what to do. When I focused my attention back in Turquoise, she was drinking water from a dip in the rock we were on.

I looked at the others who ushered me to continue to talk with her. I held my head up and strided over to her. When she noticed that I had come over, she lifted her head up before tilting it in confusion. "What are you doing?" she asked, looking confused. "I came to get a drink" I replied from panic.

She got up and headed over to her rider. Hiccup ran over, climbing on to my back. I took that as a sign that Hiccup had chief duty's so I spread my wings. "Were you trying to get the female to like you there bud" Hiccup asked, placing a hand on my head.

I shook my head, not wanting to admit that I was trying yo impress Turquoise. I stayed quite for the rest of the flight.