You're No Longer a Concern of Mine

The last chapter was pretty intense was it not?

I think so.

Hopefully, less intense than the last chapter.

Read on.

Chapter 13- You’re No Longer a Concern of Mine

10/16/2011

This day begins off great then I see Kenny at the kitchen table. Who in the world let this selfish pig in the house? Thank goodness Kyra is still sleeping.

            “What do you want?” says Liz. “Let me say something.” says Kenny. “You shouldn’t be saying anything when you hurt my friend like that.” says Liz. “I was out of control.” says Kenny “You sure are. Get out of my house before I have you arrested.” says Liz. “Okay, I’ll leave.” says Kenny.

Kyra awakes to notice Kenny walking out the door and has her arms wrapped around Liz. She gives him the bird, and continues holding onto Liz. Nikki comes downstairs a few minutes later and notices the situation.

            “Is she still upset?” says Nikki. “Yeah, she is.” says Liz. “Want me to make waffles?” says Nikki. “Go ahead. Make some please. I love you.” says Liz. “I love you, too.” says Nikki.

As Nikki is making the waffles, Liz continues hugging Kyra and still feels the tears down her face. Nikki has never seen this side of Liz before and she really likes it. Then everyone else gets up and Liz walks with Kyra to the kitchen table as Nikki each plates them their food. Kyra tries to eat, and she can barely pick up the fork. So, Liz tries to feed her small bites but won’t suffice. Liz and Nikki eat then to take both girls’ home. Liz drops Kyra off at her parents’ house and her mom is on the front porch and hugs Kyra. Her mom appreciated it a lot regardless of the current situation she was in. Liz drops Nikki off at her house and has to say something before she heads into door.

            “I’m so proud of you, Liz.” says Nikki. “What for?” says Liz. “Helping your friend through the situation; I’m glad I found someone like you.” says Nikki. “Me, too.” says Liz, holding onto Nikki’s hand and kissing it.

Liz heads back home and reflects on what has happened in the past hours. She saw her best friend get punched by Kenny and isn’t happy about it still. It reminds her of a song by Lady GaGa entitled Speechless.

I can't believe what you said to me

Last night when we were alone

You threw your hands up

Baby you gave up, you gave up

I can't believe how you looked at me

With your James Dean glossy eyes

In your tight jeans with your long hair

And your cigarette stained lies

Could we fix you if you broke?

And is your punch line just a joke?

I'll never talk again

Oh boy you've left me speechless

You've left me speechless, so speechless

It made Liz realize that all relationships aren’t that easy as they look. So, maybe a little plan to make someone pay.  Time to hurt a little more, Kyra; sorry it’s in my nature.