The Revealing Downfall

I must've blacked out, because when I open my eyes, I see Martha holding a silver handgun, the one Avery gave her. John and Greg, along with young Suzie, are on the floor, blood sticking to their messy blond hair. They aren't breathing. I manage to stand on the cold floor beneath me and I rush over to them, shocked when I see their eyes wide and unblinking. I choke back a sob.

"Doctor, what's going on?" I manage quietly. I hear a click and feel cold metal on my temple. "Don't move," hissed Martha. I look round and see blinking lights, buttons, and keyboards everywhere. There is even a screen that looks like it has half of a virus written on it. The Doctor has pointed his sonic at Martha, and the end is red.

I notice someone who isn't there. Chuck.

"I could scramble your DNA to tatters in a millisecond," the Doctor threatens.

Martha laughs cruelly. "We both know that's not quite true. I'm a new species. You cannot possibly have knowledge of my genetic makeup."

"Oh, but you've never encountered me before. I can scan you in a matter of seconds, and we've been talking far longer than that." Martha's face flushes and she looks worried. "That's right, Martha, or whoever you are. You've just realized the gravity of the situation. That's the face of someone who knows their downfall is imminent.

"I am much stronger in my true form." Martha presses her finger to a watch on her wrist, and her body seems to shiver for a few seconds.

"Shimmer," the Doctor whispers, face palming.

The creature before me is no longer  Martha. Her lip curls back and her several rows of sharp teeth protrude like a shark. Her eyes are black and her ears curl into demonic horns. The once peachy color of her skin is now a greyish red. "I am Ixnamol!" she cries. Her voice is deep and layered.

Ixnamol lurches at the Doctor, but Chuck tears from the shadows and knocks her to the floor near the exit and forces her against the door. She hisses and snaps her jaws furiously. Ixnamol flips the situation so that Chuck is facing the zombies on the other side of the door, his back against the metal. A look of panic surges through the Doctor's eyes.

"Paisley, you gotta close this door soon's possible!" Chuck yells to me.

"There has to be another way!" cries the Doctor.

"It's okay," Chuck said, reaching for the handle and tearing up. "Hell don't need me." He pulled the latch.

"No!" Ixnamol and the Doctor yell together. I scramble to my feet and slam the door shut. Everyone is dead. I allow myself to slide down the steel door and numbly watched as the Doctor finished the virus, holding back sobs and hanging his head. Everyone is dead.