"Manahimik na nga lang kayo," sabi niya pagkatapos niyang maubos ang iniinom.

"How can we keep quiet if our friend here is still hurt?" Cynthia said and laughed.

She answered, "I am not hurt, okay?"

Nautal siya dahilan para pagtawanan ulit siya ng dalawa. Napasimangot na lamang siya.

"You're a great liar, my Precious!" sabi ni Cynthia at humagalpak ng tawa kasama si Kharla.

"You know what?"

"Ano?"

"Para kang creature ng The Lord of the Rings. 'Yong nagsasabi ng my precious sa movie."

She pouted and looked in the other direction, focusing on the stars now rather than her friends laughing.

She's not great at lying, but she's great at hiding her feelings when she's hurt. Siguro, hindi lang nakikisama ang nararamdaman niya ngayong gabi kung kaya't wala na rin siyang magagawa.

"Uwi na lang kaya ako?" she suddenly uttered.

She heard the two stop laughing and gasped.

Kharla asked, "Bakit ka naman uuwi?"

Tumingin naman siya sa direksyon nila.

"I don't feel like working tonight," she answered.

"Gaga ka ba?" Cynthia said. "Why do you need to go home? E, lalaki lang naman 'yan."

She sighed.

Why would she go home right? Lalaki lang naman 'yan. Yet, her motivation to work tonight was lost. She doesn't want to work. She would rather lie down on her bed and sleep and . . . do not want to think about him.

"I don't . . . care about him. I . . . just don't feel like working at all."

SHE WAS ACCOMPANYING the orders of the customers inside the restaurant. It was already past nine and her thoughts were still on the conversation earlier.

She was left with no choice, but to work. Her friends were sharp witted. They know how to play the game and she's a loser. Bukod sa palagi siyang talo ay wala siyang pagkakataon na minsan ay talunin sila.

Baka kasi ilaglag siya ng dalawa kahit pwede niya naman depensahan ang sarili. Yet, she knew she had to give up from the very place because she did not know what to start and what to end.

"Hi, Miss Ma'ams! Welcome to Douceur et Soif! What's your order?" she asked out of character with a smile on her face, but it seemed fake and out of their little restaurant's business.

The customer seems to not like how she approached her, but still answers, "I would like to order . . . "

She wrote down all her orders in her little notebook and then read it aloud, "Okay, here's your order . . . "

It was pointless if she read it in her normal voice because she would not be heard. It was very noisy outside. There were bands tonight and it was endless. The sea of people outside were partying nonstop because the song was rocking and heavy. It was as if the end of the world.

"Do you have anything to add, Ma'am?" she asked.

The customer shook her head. "That would be all."

Umalis na kaagad siya sa harap nito at pumunta sa counter para ibigay ang order.

It was a busy night, but she was able to accompany the orders. Pagod na rin siya at gustong umuwi pero sa kaloob-looban niya ay may parteng gustong manatili, mga nagtatalong maliliit na nilalang, isang inosente at isang demonyita na hindi niya alam kung sino ang papanigan kahit kamukha niya naman ang mga ito.