Dining With Fury

I'll tell you one thing about eating with the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. He'll pay the bill. Other then that, there's nothing pleasent about it. He would stare at you with his beady one eye while somehow managing to keep a casual air about his eating, playing with his food a bit and enjoying it...all the while staring you down and making you totally uncomfortable.

But I wasn't completely intimidated. I've stared down more dangerous people then him. More physically dangerous people anyways. In regards to politics and manipulation, Jolly Saint Nick had me scared stiff. 

I walked down to the diner alone, trying to ignore a couple of Coal Tars which decided to my head was a good place to play tag around. 

I stopped at an old looking diner called Bacon and Steak. Hey, bacon was the only word I needed to hear to wanna go in there. Fury was the only word I needed to hear to completely lose my appetite. The restaurant was completely empty except for a couple of armed S.H.I.E.L.D agents at the door and a Fury who was sitting at the counter, feasting on some bacon, eggs, and waffles.

"Dillian." Fury nodded at me. "Come..have a seat."

"I'll stay standing thank you." I said coldly.

The guards looked at each other uneasily. They noticed I had brought my large zanbato Kajigoku with me, slung around my back in it's large sheath.

"Not taking many risks are we?" said Fury looking at my sword as well.

"Actually, you should be glad I brought this.." I said. "If I turned into the Rider without it, I doubt I could stop myself from rampaging all over New York City."

Fury gestured to the seat next to him anyways. "Either  way, this is my treat, and I can't let you eat standing up."

"I already ate." I said, my voice still cold. "I don't know if you've heard, but my friend Rin just happens to be a pretty good cook."

Fury sighed. "Fine...but if you ever wanna sit, the chair's right here."

"Funny, how you offer me a seat like I'm your friend when all these years you've been telling me that I'm the one who killed my dad when you knew it really wasn't me." I growled.

"I'm not here to discuss that." said Fury. "But if you're so intent on talking about it, I'll be willing to schedule an appointment at a later date..for now, there's something more urgent on my agenda, and I'm not playing around when I say we need your help."

"Is this for you, or the world?" I asked. "Because if it's just you and S.H.I.E.L.D you can expect as much help from Hydra as you could expect from me."

"You could say it's the fate of the world...or more like the fate of Canada.." said Fury sipping some coffee from a mug.

I sighed. "Fine..what is it?"

"I'm sure you've heard that the Hulk's been on a rather angry temper tantrum lately." said Fury.

"Yeah?" I said not really understanding. "What do you want me to do? Massage your tired shoulders after every failure?"

"Actually, I was hoping maybe the Rider could persuade the big green man to back down." said Fury. "An immortal demon isn't something we've actually tried yet.."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "No...no way..you can't be serious Fury. I'm no mercenary! That's the freaking Hulk! I don't care what all those scared idiots out there think about the Ghost Rider, I'm not going to fight an obviously losing battle."

"Oh don't worry, you won't be alone." said Fury. "I thought that Rin Okumura fellow could come along, two mega powerful demons might be just enough to subdue Hulk."