The Beginning

I heard him cough deeply, the cloth having blocked his trachea. A small yes was in between the gasps, making a sigh escape my lips. My hands tightened around the gun, making him go towards the edge of the building. I let my eyes slide from his back to the people under us, all wearing the same uniform with the gun by their right hip. I felt a hand on my back, making me turn around fast to see Jack. A scream was heard as the man jumped over the edge. Jack pulled me to the stairs, running down them. He pulled me behind a building which had another building over it, looking like it would fall and crush us any minute. A voice caught my curiosity, almost like it was pulling me towards it. I let my legs take over as they followed the voice, into a building that we had never been in, since it was the most dangerous place to be, because of how its built. I took my worries behind me as I entered, the voice guiding me to the stairs. I followed, heavy footsteps appearing behind me. I opened the door to where the voice came from, seeing a book appear in the middle of the room. I walked over slowly, lifting it into the palm of my hands.

Pictures. Pictures of me, Jack and the 10 other kids from years back was in it. I looked at Jack’, his picture being burned in the corner, with text beside it. ‘Born leader.’ I ran my fingers over the page, seeing information about him that was unbelievable. Powers. Every single of the 11 kids, including me had powers. Every kid, had one thing. ‘Best Shooter’, ‘Fearless’, ‘Smart.’ , but I, I had nothing, but a question mark. These people had used us as lab rats, they had given us something, that not even our family knew about. Every single detail stood in this book. The sound of a gunshot from the door appeared, making me look. Tears felt from my eyes and to the floor as I saw Jack laying on the ground. blood showing in a circle around him. I dropped the book, running over as I cried loudly, my veins turned black as smoke surrounded us and entered the mouth of the person who shot him, making him die instantly and fall to the floor. I wanted revenge, revenge of the people who did it to us and the people who was responsible for his death. And that, Is how the story begins.