I'm Not a Game of Operation

Lights blinded Peter's readjusting eyes, his first few seconds back to the real world only being white and harsh. Some groans escaped his mouth, the memories flooding back to his mind, making him wince as to why he wasn't dead. 

   "Hello Peter" An assertive voice brought the teen back to focusing his vision, the blur slowly becoming a tall figure. 

   "Hello?" He asked, millions of things racing through his mind, him asking if this was God kept reoccurring. 

   "I'm sure you're very confused. I am Doctor Strange, and I just saved your life. Twice" 

   "Twice?"

   "Yes" The short comment made Peter stumped, still confused as to where he was and who he was with. 

   "What happened?"

   "I should be the one asking you that, you were the one who was in a dumpster"

   "After that"

   "I took you back here and saved your life"

   "Where is Tony? Natasha? Bucky or his other?" Peter asked, starting to freak out from the lack of answers.

    "Right here, you're safe bud" Natasha walked in, some others trailing behind her.

   "And you think I'm Bucky's other?" Sensitivity and offence were hinted in Steve's tone, being sarcastically hurt from the innocent comment. Bucky just beamed next to him, happy he wasn't his side kick this time. Steve looked over to his friend, turning his hurt glare into silent joy from the radiant aura spilling from the brunette.

   "Sorry" The kid squeaked out, feeling belittled from the sudden crowd.

   "So what happened out there?" Nat's soft voice brought calmness.

   "Truthfully, I don't remember all of it, just blurs of someone cutting my suit and me being thrown around" Hesitation coated his words, deep thought pestering his sentence.

   "I see" The red head was now in thought, stepping back so the others could greet Peter.

   "Where's Tony?" His voice reeked worry and sorrow, desperately wanting, yet dreading the answer to come.

   "Hospital still, but he's awake, and Bruce says he's doing fine, once he found out you were gone, he was going mad trying to find you. But he couldn't leave his room, so that just made everything so much worse" Steve filled him in, looking around as if trying to get advice from the others.

   "Can I go see him?" Peter was even more quiet than before, longing to see only one face.

   "I don't see why you couldn't" The blonde shrugged.

   "I'll take him, you stay back and help clean, if Tony sees the mess we made, we'll need to use this room next" Bucky interrupted, dominance overpowered Steve, his confusion turning into surprise from the sudden interest. 

   "Are you sure Buck?" Steve almost looked hurt, trying to see if the other was going to add him to the journey.

   "Yeah, We'll be back soon, don't worry" Bucky gave a small smile for only the blonde to notice, then pushed the kid along, making their way up the in the elevator. Peter quickly became eager and practically bounced out of the building, yelling for the other to hurry along. "Don't forget that Steve isn't the only hundred year old man here" Bucky yelled in retort, rolling his eyes and getting in one of the cars they kept in the garage.

   The ride grew silent, barley containable excitement and awkwardness made the air insufferable. "Hey, Mr. Bucky?" Peter asked, a little scared still of the man next to him. The brunette gave a small noise, not turning his head so he could still focus on the road. Not driving a car for a few years apparently makes you a little rusty. "Why did you volunteer to take me? To see Mr. Stark?" The teen quickly fixed his mistake, growing anxious.

   "Because I knew you would want answers, and no one would give you them directly, so if you wanted to know what happened, then I would tell you kid. Plus I don't trust the wizard" Bucky gave a small smile, giving the boy a quick glance.

   "Would you? Tell me what happened?"

   "Well when we found you, the evil wizard dude took you back and did surgery, only because Natasha convinced him to. So after, you were fine and you would take awhile to recover, then the wizard man realized he could heal you with his devil sorcery, then did, so now you're fine" Bucky empathized all the negative parts in his story to show hatred towards Strange, which made Peter want to laugh, but he quietly held it in.

   "So the surgery was pointless?" 

   "Yeah"

   The next few minutes were quiet, the teen weirded out that he was cut open only a few hours prier, and now he was totally fine. His mind switched from Stephen to Natasha,  and how she put his life on the line for her own amusement, anger started building up within his body. Almost twenty minutes go by and they finally came to a stop.

   "Hey kid we're here" Bucky looked over giving a small sympathetic smile before getting out of the car, Peter's anger being cooled off for the time being. His furrowed eyebrows softened, and soon he had puppy eyes, feeling like a lost child as he walked into the large white building. The taller man pushed Pete forward to talk to the receptionist to ask for the room number, which he grimaced, but none the less, awkwardly shuffled to the way too friendly looking lady. Their conversation ended, and the teen nudged Buck to follow him, which the other gladly did. They opened the door, only for hearts to melt of joy.

   Lmao it's been over a week since I posted. This story is getting kinda boring and it was only supposed to be a summer project, and now that school started, I have no time because of all the homework, but I'll try to finish it before I resort to just abandoning it lol