Brothers

Lan Wangji slowly opened his eyes, there was a pleasant sound that woke him from his slumber. his light colored eyes stared at the ceiling for a bit and blinked, when he finally focused at his surroundings Lan Wangji realized what was the sound that woke him up. A familiar melody from a flute can be heard in his room, it was solemn and beautiful but it conveys too much sadness. upon realizing what the sound was the next question that popped on Lan Wangji's mind is who are the one playing the flute?! he quickly sat up and looked for where the music came from.

In the far corner of the room there was a table situated in front of a closed window, normally Lan Wangji would use that spot to read or practice enquiry but that spot is now occupied by someone. the person’s back is facing him his long raven locks fanned his back down to his waist, a red ribbon tying some portions of his hair. He was wearing a red and black robes and playing the flute, Lan Wangji realized that it was the same figure he saw yesterday. he froze and continued to stare slowly rising from his bed to approach the mysterious person he almost jumped on his feet when there was a sudden knock on his door followed by a familiar voice.

“Wangji?”

Lan Wangji looked at the door and then back at the spot where the person dressed in black and red disappeared. Sighing he slowly walked towards his door and opened it, he was greeted by Lan Xichen’s smile which soon turned into a small frown as he saw Lan Wangji still on his sleeping robes.

“Im sorry, i thought you are all up and prepared by now, i didnt mean to disturb you” Lan Xichen smiled once again.

Lan Wangji looked down at his clothes and took note of his hair that was a bit in disarray. “Its fine”

“Uncle is requesting for you, he is currently in the Library pavillion he wanted to discuss something with you”

Lan Wangji only nodded and Lan Xichen turned to leave but before taking a step back he shifted to face Lan Wangji before asking. “I didnt know that you started playing the flute, it was a beautiful piece, though a bit sad”

Lan Wangji stared at his older brother “you heard? “

“En… Wangji, are you okay?” Lan Xichen frowned observing his younger brother’s complexion who turned pale. something is definitely wrong and for the first time he was having a bit of trouble understanding his younger brother.

“Fine, just tired. i will go to uncle after” Lan Wangji informed his older brother and Lan Xichen nodded and smiled its his cue to leave so he slowly turned to walk away from the Jingshi but he could not help but look back only to see Lan Wangji on the doorway still, head hung low before retreating back inside.

.

.

.

Lan Wangji flipped the page of the book he was reading, he had read this book hundred of times already since he was child he could already memorize the content but he would still read it as if it was the first time he laid his eyes on it but today.. the words are doing nothing to him it was only a props to hide what he was actually doing. underneath the book is a portrait he made. he is not as talented as Wei Wuxian in terms of drawing but he thinks it was good enough to be distinguished.