14. The Old You

Comincia dall'inizio

Mark and I talked for a while before someone came home and we were interrupted. I laughed at the joke he made about Noah Cyrus's ugly ass when Johnny came in, angry. I rolled my eyes and Mark smiled at him. John crossed his arms and stared at Mark, then me. "Are you gonna talk or?" I said in an annoyed voice. His scowl deepened and he looked back to Mark. "Mark, leave. I have to talk to Mackenzie."

"Oh, alright." mark said and he stood up. "So I'll see you later right?" he asked and I smiled at him and nodded. He smiled, kissed my cheek and walked upstairs. John watched him go then sat down in the chair in front of me and stared again. "John what do you want?" I asked and he grit his teeth.

"Why the hell did you lie about Nadia?" he asked and I laughed.

"I didn't lie, Johnathan." His nostrils flared at the use of his full name but he kept going. "Well I talked to Nadia today and she said that you were lying. How much of a crazy bitch are you to lie about my girlfriend? If you're trying to break us up just to get me for yourself then it's not happening." I can't believe the bullshit that I'm hearing, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked, anger lacing my voice. "Why the fuck would I want to have you for myself? I fucking hate you with my whole being. And of course she denied it! Why the hell do you think that slut would tell the truth about it?! You really are fucking stupid, Orlando." I got up to leave but he grabbed my left arm and yanked me back. My broken hand hit his chest in the process and pain shot through it. "Fuck!" I yelled and clutched my hand to my chest. "Who the fuck do you think you are to call my girlfriend a slut?! She didn't do anything to you, you're just trying to blame someone for whatever happened to your stupid hand! You probably did slam it yourself, you stupid whore! You've never liked Nadia because you're jealous of her and want her to be miserable, but guess what? She isn't affected by your attempts so stop trying and put more energy into something useful, like ending your worthless life!" And he turned to walk away but when he turned around mark was standing there and he looked....scary. There was a look of anger on his face that I've never seen before and his hands were balled into fists at his sides. Mark is about two inches taller than Johnny but in this moment he looked a lot bigger. John took a step back from mark but mark wasted no time in connecting his fist with Johnny's face. John stumbled back, clutching his face. "What the hell is wrong with you?" he spat at John who was leaning on the counter trying to regain his composure. Mark looked to me and held a hand out, "Cmon, let's go somewhere." he said softly and I took his hand. Before we left I turned around to look at Johnny and saw that he was looking at me as well. "You're back t the old you," I said and walked out the door with Mark.

We drove in silence before ending up at the Starbucks farthest from the Orlando's house. Once we got our drinks we sat at a table and mark started the conversation. "I'm sorry I got so violent. I heard what he said to you and I just couldn't contain my anger." he said and took my hand in his. "You are not worthless, Mackenzie. You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and you've got the best arm in Pittsburgh!" he said and I couldn't help but laugh. "But, in all seriousness, ignore everything he just said. He's just a dick. Whatever you said was probably true." I nodded and sipped my drink before responding. "I know mark, thank you." I smiled at him and he smiled back. "You don't have to but, can you tell me what happened?" I sighed and looked at the table, pondering whether I should tell him or not. "It's okay if you don't want to, I was just curious ya know and I just want to understand a little more and-" I cut off his rambling by squeezing his hand. He looked to me and I grinned, "Got time for a story?"

Johnny

After they left I screamed and knocked over a glass that was on the counter. What the hell is wrong with me? Why did I say that shit to her? It's not true! Nadia said it to me before I left school and I guess it was just stuck in my head. That's not an excuse though. Mark's punch fucking hurt, definitely not what I was expecting. I sighed and walked to the living room then plopped on the couch and covered my face with my hands. I tried to find out who hurt her, I really did, but Nadia stopped me.

*flash back*

"No John you can't!" Nadia yelled from behind me and ran to me. I turned around to look at her again and her face was full of fear and worry. "Why not?" I asked, bewildered. "I'm just going to go to the principal and ask to see the security tape." her eyes widened and she grabbed my arm. "No Johnny no, don't." she begged and tried to pull me back. "Why not?!" I asked again a little more angry. I pulled my arm out of her grasp and crossed them across my chest. "Because! She did it herself, no one else did it. She was lying when she said that, she's just making up lies to cover it up! She wants us all to get in trouble. She should put more energy into killing herself than trying to make us all upset!" I pulled my arm away in disgust of what she just said and made my way to the exit, steaming mad at her, mackenzie, everyone. Everyone is confusing me on what the truth is and I can't take it. I need to confront mackenzie about lying then I'll talk to nadia about the insults. But instead of doing that I said them myself.

*present*

Mackenzie's words repeated over and over in my ears,

"You're back to the old you."