can you stand the rain?

Začít od začátku

"Don't be answering me like that."

"De? I'm sorry." Stormi stood up from her seat on the couch, fixing the last piece of her hair.

"Come to the door, don't open it. Ain't finna curse our marriage. You there?" He questioned, tapping his foot along to the music playing.

"Yeah I'm right here."

"Good, now what's wrong wit' you?"

"Nothing, I'm good."

"Baby, y'know I know you lying like a motherfucker." Stormi sighed, he could read her like a book. No matter how hard she tried to hide her feelings, he always found the true ones in between.

"I guess I have cold feet, y'know. I just wanna make sure we're not rushing anything, that we are ready for this, ready to be one. I love you and I'm not doubting our love, I just wanna make sure you're ready."

"Hell yea' I'm ready. I'm about to lock yo' ass up. I love you Storm, we got more than just love. Baby we got it all, love, trust, company, communication, all of that good stuff. You love me unconditionally, you deal with me and my smart remarks, my stubbornness, my issues. You laugh with me, you cry with me, you fill in a lonely void for me. I, Donald DeGrate will and is marrying you today."

Stormi laid her hand over her stomach. She was bringing their child into a good environment. A mother and a father who would give him or her unconditional love. Butterflies and sparks flew through her body. In three years, they'd been through a lot, he finally let her back in into his trust bubble after his many failures and misconception of people. They'd made it through all the night terrors, the hardships of fame and the success. They made each other more comfortable confident, and musically better. Without their relationship, the music would be very much more different.

"De, can I can tell you something?"

"Wassup, wit' it."

"I'm pregnant, two months along." Stormi searched around the room, waiting for his response as she heard nothing, but the light chirps of the birds outside.

"Wow, I'm be a daddy....again?"

"Yeah, we're finally gonna have a baby."

"This day couldn't get any better." He chuckled softly. She heard a few footsteps behind the door, questioning if it was DeVante or somebody else.

"Aye! C'mon Dumbo, the wedding is starting in twenty minutes. You need to get downstairs with the groomsmen."

"See you in a minute, I love y'all." DeVante whispered towards the door.. She heard some more footsteps intidaticing that DeVante was gone. Stormi turnt around and walked towards the vanity as August bursted through the door.

"Mrs. Donald Earle DeGrate Jr. Are you ready to marry the man of dreams." She cheesed

Stormi nodded her head in excitement, "I'm ready." And now, here they where, joining each other, in unison just like their heartbeats. Just like their laughter. Just like their sorrow. Stormi and DeVante were as one, made just for one another.

***********

As Stormi turnt the corner, patiently waiting for Johnny Gill to start the piano version of here comes the bride, a small slim figure appeared behind her. She turnt around, so fast she almost got whiplash.

"Dad? You came!"

"I couldn't miss my baby's wedding. If I can't do nothing else, I'll walk you down to you're future husband."