can you stand the rain?

six months later..

"My baby is getting married." Ms. Huff dramatically sighed, prancing into the room. At age forty-five, she still looked and acted a good thirty. As she danced around the dressing room, the room filled with the laughter from Stormi and her bridesmaids. After a long wait and hard decisions, she'd finally picked the five women that would stand behind her on her big day.

August took the crown for Maid Of Honor and Janet, Aaliyah, Nessa and Stormi's oldest sister Angelina filled up the spaces for bridesmaids. After the laughter died down the women continued amongst themselves speaking on the latest topics of 1995.

"Girls, I did come up to tell you something. Diamond is downstairs with the new flowers. Go ahead and get them, we've got about half an hour." Ms. Huff demanded as all five of the women flooded out of the room.

She waited until the door was closed shut, before turning her attention to the young women who sat in-front of her. "Are you alright? You don't look too good."

"I'm fine, I'm just a little light-headed."

"Lightheaded? Probably just cold feet, I always had cold feet."

"At all of you're weddings?" Yes you've heard it first, Ms. Huff was a rolling stone. After Stormi and her mother moved to the Bronx in 1983. Ms. Huff went on to get married five times in between 83' until Stormi's mother passed away in 87'

"Mmh, while you over there trying to be funny. I lived my best life, I had fun."

"I'm sure you did. I'm just nervous, y'know."

"Don't be, you love him and that's all that matters. Yeah?" Ms. Huff questioned with her eyebrows perched awaiting for Stormi's answer.

"Yeah."

"Alright then, I love you and I'm proud of the woman you've become. I remember when you're mother asked me to help raise you. Boy was I happy and excited, you were my first child. My little heart, sometimes I just wished that Dorothy could've been more active in you're life. You only had you're mother consitality for four years, that just wasn't enough. If I could only turn the clock once more."

"I love you too. I don't worry about it, I'm glad I got to call her my mother. She may of been unattended until I was 11, but I knew she loved me and I loved her."

"I'm glad. I'll see you in a little bit, don't be stressing now."

"I won't." The door closed and Stormi was in the room by herself. In five years, her life had changed drastically. She'd got a record deal, met the man she was marrying today, gathered up million of people around the world, sold million of records, wrote hundreds of #1 hits, won Grammys, sold out arenas, survived a plane crash, had a comeback and survived a bruised rib surgery. All of that in less than a decade. Her mind raced around the room as she carefully laid on the couch. In less than an hour she would be marrying, Donald Earle DeGrate Jr. in Newark, New Jersey. All the memories were placed on her mind. Only five year since they'd met in the Uptown Headquarter's. It was first a competition between Stormi and Jodeci on who could sell the most records. The competition was called off after Stormi rescheduled her album release date and Jodeci remastered the original version of the album, Forever My Lady with Al B. Sure! and Puffy. You see those were the days when nobody knew nothing about the industry. Now, they all knew the ups, the downs, the good, the bad, the evil and the wicked of the music industry.

A sudden knock broke Stormi out of her daze, as she turnt her attention towards the door. "Who is it?!" Stormi yelled calmly, but it came out like aggravated question.