Chapter 2

"Every time we finally begin to think you are settling down this is what happens. Did you not see the look on that poor woman's face?! She looked mortified!" Father bellowed in my ear.

"You can't keep messing things up, Victoria," my mother said, circling the white leather chair I was sitting in.

I did my best to look like I was paying attention, in reality I was listening to Arctic Monkeys blasting through my earphones, attempting to resist the urge of singing along.

"Victoria, are you even listening?" Father yelled over the music.

"Yes. Bad behavior. Grounded. Need to get a grip." I rambled on, repeating the usual punishments I stood up and turned to walk to the staircase.

Just as I thought I'd escaped the twenty five minute lecture I heard my Mother say "Not so fast!"

I paused my music, crossed my arms and stood ready to listen to something I'd probably heard a million times before.

They'll never change me so I think they should stop trying now.

"The brick?" she asked.

"What can I say? Mr. Brick, we met outside the science block and instantly got along like a house on fire. It turns out Mr. Brick was lonely, his wife divorced him not long ago and he is unable to see his children! He was outside in the cold so we agreed that I'd give him a new adventure. I did something good for once in my life and I'm still getting yelled at, I really don't see the point," I replied, I'm defending myself over a brick. I know I'm a bit on the weird side, but this is even weird for me.

"Victoria, for once please take this seriously. You've been kicked out of your twelfth school, there is no other option. You're going to boarding school" Oh please, like that was going to change anything.

"Well, at least it is better than that shit hole," I murmured as I turned away to finally go up to my room.

"What was that?" my mother turned towards me.

"Mother dearest, it was a compliment to your school. I'll repeat it for you, BOARDING SCHOOL IS BETTER THAN THIS IMPECCABLE SHIT HOLE!" I made sure to shout it out for her, loud and clear, just so she could understand. Another good deed of the day. I turned on my heel and began to walk up the stairs.

Boarding school?

I will bring that school down before it brings me down, I can guarantee that.

The fact that my mother is the headmistress will give me even more motivation anyway. Anything to ruin her perfect little 'sanctuary', a new challenge. Hmm, I like it.

The one thing I'm not liking the sound of though is leaving my bedroom, the biggest room in the house. I convinced my parents to swap with me because they got sick and tired of me complaining about mine, I also threatened to burn the curtains in there, so they kind of had no choice.

My bedroom, is the one place where no one goes in except for me. That is my idea of a sanctuary.

I loved my room, it was a light and airy room with a big canopy bed in the middle. The curtains to the bed were white with a wooden canopy. For a teenager, my room was fairly clean...I knew where everything was and in it's rightful place, everything was clean by my standards. The walls were full of various quotes by famous celebrities and pictures of memories shared with my 'friends'.

The pride and joy, so to speak, of my room was the white elegant dressing table that was in the corner, I always made sure that was immaculate because it was the last thing my brother bought me. Sadly though, I will not be able to take it to boarding school with me which almost brought a tear to my eye.