Talks

Clover's POV:

The Library staff left me take a whole week off, due to the death of my uncle. I was sort of glad that I was able to get a couple of days off, because I had a lot of stuff troubling me. On the other had, I kinda wished I could have went to work instead. Being busy would keep my mind off of things. I was just glad that I had Will with me for support and encouragement. "What time is Alex coming over?" Will asked me curiously as he and I helped each other make breakfast. "I think he said he'd be over at one o'clock." I replied as I finished putting the dishes away. "Good, because we have to do some grocery shopping. The fridge and cupboards are practically bare." He replied. "I know, these were the last of the eggs." I replied as I threw a couple of egg shells away. After we ate we cleaned up the kitchen and got ready for the day. Since it was cold, I put on a sweater and a pair of jeans along with a jacket. We locked up the apartment before we got into my car and buckled up. I decided to turned on the radio to fill the silence as I pulled out into the street. My mind was occupied with the the thoughts of my friends and family, due to the death... well... murder of my uncle. The only family I have left that's actually blood related is my brother now. I consider my friends sort of like family, but it still makes me feel a lot more lonely in an odd sort of way. Alex and I are the last of our bloodline if you don't count his children, but I doubt if I'll ever get to meet them. His ex wife took them with her, and god know where they are now. Speaking of Alex, I knew that he wanted to come over so we could discuss our uncle's funeral. I sort of also hoped that he had more information on the facility that Max, Evelyn, and Victor have been working at. Deep down I had a feeling that Victor got killed because he shared top secret information with me. If what they're doing is dangerous, then we need to find out what kind of stuff they're experimenting with. I just wished that nobody else that I love gets hurt. I don't think I could live with myself if Liv, Jessica, Oliver, Alex, or Will got hurt or killed. They don't deserve to be punished because of all of this, and I guess neither do I. But I would rather die than to see the ones I love suffer for me. "Hey, are you alright?" Will's voice asked, taking me out of my thoughts. "What? Yeah, I'm alright." I replied, even though I wasn't being completely truthful. The rest of the car ride was silent until I eventually parked in the grocery store parking lot. "Clover, I can tell that something's bothering you. What is it? You know you can tell me anything." He said with slightly furrowed brows. "I'm just worried that more people are gonna get hurt if we don't find out what Max and Evelyn are up to. Look what happened to my uncle; I can't risk that happening to you, or Oliver, or... or anyone." I said as I ran a hand through my hair. "Sweetheart, it's okay. I already told you that I'd protect you, and I'm gonna keep that promise." He said sweetly. A moment of silence passed over us until he spoke once more. "Come here." He said softly. We hugged each other the best we could due to the console being in the way. After we broke the hug he placed one of his hands on the side of my face and gently kissed my lips. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. I still couldn't get over how soft his lips are, and I don't think I ever will to be honest. We slowly broke the kiss and got out of the car. He grabbed a shopping cart while I reached in my pocket for the grocery list we had made. "Alright, where do you wanna start first?" Will asked me curiously as we walked through the automatic doors. "It doesn't matter as long as we get everything we need." I said with a smile, and he agreed. We picked up some canned food along with some other packaged stuff first. Then we moved on to the produce and meats. "How does homemade chicken stir fry sound?" I asked him curiously as I looked at the packages of chicken. "That sounds delicious." He replied, and I smiled. 'Chicken stir fry it is.' I said inside of my head. Once we got everything we needed there, we picked up some drinks and snacks. "We should get Oliver something he can take in his lunch. I think he's getting sick and tired of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches." Will said as he put some lunch meat and sliced cheese in the cart as well. By the time we were finished shopping, our cart was practically overflowing. But it was okay, especially since we didn't have anything at home. At least now we actually had enough money to get what we need along with a few extra things as well. We got in one of the check out lines and started loading our items onto the conveyor belt. "Oh my god, these are delicious!! I'm gonna have to pick me up a pack when I go on my lunch break." The cashier said, and I laughed lightly. "I know, those cookies will probably he gone by the end of the night at our place." I said, and she laughed too. We made small talk while she scanned our stuff, and it felt nice to just talk to someone outside of our little circle. I found comfort in the fact that she had no idea about the world Will, Oliver, Alex, and I were faced with. She didn't know the dangerous and fragile balance the future was in, but maybe she did on some other level. "You two have a lovely day!" She said happily after we paid for our stuff. "You too." Will and I said before we walked away. When we reached the car we put everything inside before Will took the cart back. I got into the drivers seat and buckled up while I waited for him. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I wondered who it was.