Ira

Ira - Wrath - Sin of uncontrollable rage and hatred

For as long as you could remember, the war was raging on. Constantly, you heard about people dying. Families broken apart and separated. How much money it costed. What made it all worse was that you were losing.

Your country was losing land and resources were running dry. Even the capital was suffering. Your family kept the castle open as a place of refuge. You didn't dare to ask for any sort of luxury. Not now. If other rulers saw you now, you would look no different from a low noble. Even so, you continued to do your role. You were the third princess and the youngest of five. You were going to get married to the opposing side as a peace offering.

Your family didn't want to send you. They were suspicious when the king asked for you to be his son's bride. You were the one who said you would go. If you did, you would be able to allow your own country to recuperate and stabilize the economy. You had to go. You were the fifth child. You wouldn't inherit the crown and your only real use was to be a political pawn. You were okay with this. You grew up thinking about how you would serve your country.

And so you were promptly sent away. The guilt your parents had on their faces haunted you, but you didn't dare to show it. A peace treaty was just signed. The state of affairs between the two countries were just as fragile. You couldn't afford to show weakness. Not until your country was strong once more.

Quinn Decroix was waiting with his father who was now bed ridden. The king was becoming more and more ill. By the end of the next week or two, he would be dead. By then, you would be his son's wife.

"Remember my dear son, once I die, use my death to destroy them. Make their child suffer before you end her wretched life. Let her family beg and plead. Let them suffer just as much." They had been planning this for a while now. They were winning but if the king died, there would be a commotion as to who should take over. It would give your country leeway and a chance to change the tides of war.

The king had proposed the marriage so that once he dies, his death can be pinned to you since very few actually knew about the king's condition. His son's marriage would be beneficial to his cause. Even though he wouldn't live to see if his plan worked, he knew his son would carry it out without fail. 

Quinn knew why he had to get married. His country was known for being ruthless and neighboring countries were beginning to debate involvement. They would ally with the girl's country because they are terrified of what the Decroixs are capable of. They would want to take them down. It would be killing two birds with one stone. Marrying the princess would prevent involvement of other countries and a scapegoat for his father's death.

He wanted the princess to suffer. To see her cry and beg for mercy. To watch as she grovels on the ground, with no more dignity or pride. That would be the best. A trusted servant enters the room.

"The princess has arrived." The red-eyed male smiled maliciously.

"I will go greet her. Let her understand her place." He walks down the halls imagining all the things he wanted to do with you. As you wait in the main room, servants look at you with disgust and don't even try to hide your disdain. Something was up. You were no fool and understood that they were planning something against you. You informed your brothers to be swift in rebuilding your country and find allies who would give resources. 

Finally you see red haired male with eyes, dark as blood. His smile was as sinister as you thought his personality was. If the rumors about this prince was true, he was cruel man, known for his malice and how he holds grudges. You even heard how he killed all his siblings, full or half blooded, to prevent others for making a claim to the throne.