Calm before the Storm

Start from the beginning

I lean forward and kiss him on the cheek, "Whoever that someone is, is very lucky."

He pecks me on the lips and brushes some hair out of my face. "I don't need to find anyone because now I have you."

I scoot across the floor so I'm snuggled into his side. "What happened to your mother Jack, your father never talks about her."

Jack takes a breath, "She died before my father named me a Pirate Lord in his place. He still keeps her close."

I smile up at him, "Does he still have her wedding ring?"

Jack laughs, "No, I have it. My dad, he keeps her shrunken head by his side at all times."

I grimace at the thought but snicker, "Not the most romantic, but I guess it's the thought behind it that counts." I look back up at Jack. "Come on, I want to show you something."

I stand up and walk out to the balcony. "Have you ever looked at the stars, Jack?" I ask as he stands beside me.

He chuckles in my ear. "No, I haven't, my compass, and maps show me where to go."

I roll my eyes. "I didn't mean for navigation, I meant just looking at them. Blackbeard taught me all the constellations." I point up to a group of stars off to my left. "The Ursa Major is over there, the bear constellation. Then there's the Ursa minor just above it. Perseus is over on the right, and Hercules over there..."

Jack's POV:

I gaze down at Bri as she's pointing out all the constellations to me. I don't even know half of what she's saying, but I just love the way her eyes light up when she's talking about them. 

"Jack? You're looking at me funny." Bri says, snapping me back to reality.

I smile at her, "Only wondering how I ended up with you."

She lets out a light laugh. "Well sorry to be an inconvenience, Captain Sparrow. I hope I don't give you too much of a hard time."

I stare into her eyes, drinking in the green-grey color and watching the gold flecks dance in the moonlight.

"Jack, I lost you again."

I shake my head and smile at her. "Sorry, it's just... your eyes. They're gorgeous."

At that, she leans back a bit. "Who are you and what have you done with Jack?"

I look at her confused, "What do you mean by that?"

She laughs again, "The closest you've ever come to complimenting me is telling me I have a more powerful swing than most men."

I pull her close "And that's not a compliment?"

"It is, but it's worlds apart from 'gorgeous eyes'."

"Well, maybe my world has changed since then."

We stay intertwined together, slowly rocking back and forth in the moonlight, but after a minute, I feel her locket pressing against me.

"Bri, I think I have something of yours." 

I let go of Bri and pull out her locket. She turns around to face me and I hand the locket to her.

She gingerly takes the locket and smiles, "I didn't think you'd still have this."

I nudge her slightly, "Open it."

She pries it open and reads the new message.

For Bri, The woman who has always had my back, even if she didn't want it. To whom I will forever say 'As you wish'