Unexpected Alliances

Hey guys, sorry this took so long to upload.

In other news, there's only like 2 chapters left until Station 53 ends. I can't believe it's already the end. I'm excited but sad. I'm also pretty proud since this will be the third book I have completed!

Thank you so much for reading my story and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

This chapter has NOT been edited.

***

I woke up with a terrible headache in an unfamiliar room with an unfamiliar smell. I groaned and sat up and as soon as I tried, I regretted it.

"Don't push yourself," my mother in law said, suddenly coming in to view. "You fainted."

"I fainted?" I questioned, feeling drowsier by the second. I was about to question it when all the events suddenly started playing in my mind, reminding me of what had caused me to lose subconsciousness. I had the sudden urge to vomit so I quickly ran to the nearest bin and hurled my guts out.

I felt someone pull my hair back so I turned to the side to thank them but the words died down in my throat as soon as I made eye contact with him.

It was my father.

I felt dizzy once again and just as I was about to lose my balance, he steadied me.

"Are you feeling a bit better now, sweetheart?"

I wasn't. I didn't say anything to him though. I just closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing.

Once I was sure I had nothing else left to vomit, I tried to stand up but was unsuccessful. My legs were terribly shaky so I fell right back to my knees.

"I told you it wouldn't be a good idea to see her now," I heard someone say in a hushed tone.

"She's my daughter," the man beside me said, suddenly picking me up in his arms and carrying me away from the bin.

I wanted to cry and push myself away from the man but I felt physically and mentally drained. I could not do anything but keep my eyes closed to keep myself from puking again.

I was gently placed back on the bed I was previously sleeping on and covered with the blankets.

I opened my eyes and once again came face to face with my father. I couldn't help the tears that escaped at that moment. I felt disgusting and weak. Had I not been in such a vulnerable situation I would have never let this man touch me so freely. I would have never even let him look at me. But I was weakened and I literally couldn't bring myself to fight.

Instead I averted my gaze and looked around the room at the other faces. Mr. and Mrs. Sage, Faith, my father's wife, an unfamiliar man and a few of the house maids at the Sage mansion were present. I looked around again to make sure I hadn't missed anyone but the only people walking in and out of the room were the some of the maids.

No matter how many times I tried to make sure my eyes weren't missing anyone, the result was the same. The person I desperately wanted to see right now wasn't here. Daniel was not here.

I turned my gaze to Faith who softly smiled at me before her mother whispered something to her making her frown before turning to me and waving goodbye as she left the room.  I felt my heart hurt as I watched her leave. The only person I wanted to stay just left. And I was alone with all the people I never wanted to be alone with.

More tears escaped my eyes. Mr. Pierce - my father - quickly wiped them away making me close my eyes in disgust as more tears ran down my face.