"Alright," he responded with a nod. He sat up, straightening the collar of his coat and looking over my shoulder as he did so.

"You look nice," I offered in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Thank you," he responded curtly. "Why do you have so many men's outfits in your spare closet?" Loki asked, putting his menu on mine and leaning toward me slightly across the table.

"Uhm..." I trailed off, struggling to find words. He wasn't very close to me, but closer, I think, than I would like, even - especially - after the events of last night. I briefly recalled the drunken events of last night and how he had chased me down before I got hurt, and how he had given me his shirt and tie so I wouldn't freeze. His eyes bore into mine, a faint sparkle of curiosity glittering in them. Not even realizing I was staring, I took in his features, and I began to think about how handsome he truly was. Too bad he was a psychopath, mass-murderer. I blinked and shook my head, washing those thoughts away as soon as he furrowed his brow in confusion at my creepy hesitation. "Sorry, what was your question?"

Loki, confused, leaned away from me. "I was just wondering why you have so many masculine outfits in your spare bedroom closet. Getting to know you recently, I can, in fact, say that you would not wear this." He responded, indicating his outfit.

"Oh," I said, slightly embarrassed, wondering how stupid I probably looked when I didn't answer right away. "Oh, um, I went shopping a day or two before you first arrived."

"Oh." Loki said, and looked away from me.

The waitress arrived a few seconds later. She was young and thin, and had brown hair and green eyes. I had never seen her before, so I assumed she was new.

"Hello," she said, her voice high in pitch. "What can I get for you?" She was staring at Loki, who was looking out of the window on his left.

I responded first. "Hi. Can we have two waters and two coffees, and we're going to split the 'Big Breakfast.'" The waitress didn't answer me verbally, just nodded, not looking at me.

"And for you, sir?" She asked, and I furrowed my brow in annoyance at her annoying, flirtatious tone as she talked to Loki.

Loki glanced away from the window and up to her.

"Oh, that's the whole order." I said before Loki could speak.

The waitress glanced at me in annoyance. "Fine." She said before winking at Loki and walking away.

Loki watched her leave, his face a mixture of shock, disgust, an embarrassment. "She seemed annoying." Loki grumbled.

"I'm glad we agree." I responded dryly.

Loki chuckled at my response. "So how are you and Bruce?" He asked casually, leaning back in his chair.

I furrowed my brow and shrugged, "I don't know. Good? Why?"

He shrugged, too, and I noticed a small flush of red on his pale cheeks. "You're date didn't go too well last time you were here, if I am correct?"

"You are not correct, actually." I responded confidently, even though I knew that wasn't the truth. "And it wasn't a date."

He rolled his eyes and said sarcastically, "sure."

"It wasn't!" I exclaimed, exasperated. "It was a get together, among friends.

"Mhm." Loki said, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Whatever. I'm not arguing with you about this." I said, growing more annoyed by the minute. I didn't like talking to Loki about Bruce. About anything, actually. This breakfast was work related, I reminded myself.