🐬 Tales, Beach Weddings, And Life-Altering Decisions

Börja om från början

All for me and I had no idea what he had planned. I did express to him last year how I wanted to renew our vows every five years and I was disappointed how he didn't pull through. Not that he could; he was on tour and with Hope in pre-k, we celebrated everything before he left. That includes Halloween, our fifth anniversary, and our daughter's fourth birthday yet he still sent us presents, flowers, and used FaceTime to be involved in Hope's Trick-or-Treat excitement. I was grateful for that too.

When he had to be away for work, he put us first; making the effort to make us feel like he was still there. It's why our relationship has worked so well. "Happy anniversary," my husband says in my ear after creeping behind me. I turn around and see two dozen roses in his hand and a box containing my present. The smile on my face couldn't have been bigger and my face from blushing any brighter. "Thank you baby. They're beautiful," I say giving him a kiss and taking the flowers to put them in water.

Now to my gift; I grabbed what I got Chris so we could open them both at the same time. "What is this Kae, I'm confused..." I couldn't help but laugh knowing he'd have that reaction. "My new show Claws is doing well and so is The Kill so I used some of that money to buy that store in VA you loved so much growing up that's closing down. The whole vibe in it now is based off of what the modern symbol for this year is; the owner's request to honor us." His facial expressions were priceless.

Chris was so shocked yet thankful and it showed. "One, It's supposed to close next week which is why we were going down there so why wouldn't you tell me sooner? Two, what would that be?" "You made a joke about it last year to answer your second question and about the first..." I had a mischievous smirk as I continued; excited to tell him what I did. "That's not the whole surprise. The store will be used to give back to your neighborhood like you've always wanted. I'll explain everything in detail about how later. Right now, you have another present to open in your bedside drawer and I need to tend to our birthday girl." With that, I rushed off while holding in my laughter in the proccess. "Wait! I thought we agreed on just one gift; I didn't get you anything else," I heard him yell after me.

By that point, I was already in the bathroom; Hope about to get in the water. I helped her get in and let her play with her bath toys while I finally opened the box with my present in it. At the same time, Chris came running in the bathroom with his second gift. "Is this real or a joke?" Not wanting to tell Hope this news just yet, I chose my words carefully. "If it was a joke, you'd see another date stamped on the picture and my name wouldn't be on it either; someone else's would."

"It's easy to Photoshop a different date and name Kae." I laughed because he definitely wasn't lying about that... I also knew he was still processing. "True... But I wouldn't pull a prank like this Chris. On April Fool's maybe, telling you the next day, but not today." He nods as he smiles. "I know. This just surprised me that's all but obviously I'm excited about it." "Are you sure? I know we said we wait until after-" "Mommy! I need to wash up so we can go see Mickey," Hope, who I was just about to mention, cuts me off.

It made for laughter from both her father and I. "Ok princess. I'll let you get washed up." "Hold on. Let me finish talking with your dad. I'll be really quick so I don't want to hear any whining or we're not going anywhere." "Ok mommy," Hope said with the cutest pout on her face. Once I closed the bathroom door, Chris spoke. "Babe I know what you're worried about. Things worked out last time, they will this time too. I'll make sure of it. Now, are we telling Hope?"

"Telling her what," Mama J says after creeping up on us. We turn to her smiles on our faces while my husband hands his mom the picture. It was a sonogram of the new baby. I'm pregnant again! I got to surprise him the way I wanted to when I found out about Hope this time and Chris was getting his son. "NO! Angels congratulations! I have to call your aunt Christine; I'm having a grandson!"