Stranded

I hopped up, and saw Bruce and Vanessa land safely. Thankfully nobody was harmed by the chunks of flaming plane remnants. We all met up, and Vanessa yelled, “What the heck just happened.” That pretty much summed things up. Vanessa was hyperventilating.

“Calm down V,” Alice said.

“Alice is right,” Agent Bond said calmly. “Somebody just launched a missile at us.”

“Thanks captain obvious,” Ty grumbled.

“We need to make camp,” Alice said. “We won’t last long out here.”

“I was just about to say the same thing,” Agent Bond said. “Ty and Bruce you guys pitch the tent in my pack.”

“Alice and Vanessa I want you girls to get all of our food, and water, and make sure it’s in relative shade

“Daniel, come with me to scout out the area,”

“Alright,” I replied. I walked over to agent Bond, and we began to scout out our position. All around me was reddish dirt, cacti, and a whole lot of nothing. I could understand why a lot of people got lost in the desert.

“Okay,” Agent Bond said. “We crossed the state line at the southwestern part of the state we should head east in we want to get to Las Vegas. He took out a compass, and studied it. Okay we need to head that way.” He pointed off into nothingness. I was impressed he knew exactly what to do in this situation.

“How do you know this stuff?” I asked in amazement.

“I might not be a mutant, but I’ve got my tricks. I was also a geography teacher.” Agent Bond replied with a slight smile. “I need you to use your raptor vision to see if you can find a road,” he instructed.

I focused on the horizon, and scanned the dunes. I could see everything. It was amazing. Way far off I saw a tiny strip of black. It looked like possible asphalt.

“I think I might see something,” I exclaimed. I’ll need to get closer to be sure, but it might be a road.

“Excellent,” He said. “Let’s get back to the others. As we approached camp I saw everybody was in the reflective white tent. This made me a little bit suspicious of Agent Bond. He knew exactly where everything was, and he was prepared with a desert tent. Could he somehow be connected to the missile launch? But why would he risk his own life to try to blow us up? Yet another variable in my life full of moving part. I would have to talk to Ty about this. Nobody can keep a secret better than him.

We spent the rest of the day camping out. Luckily all of our weapons had been in our bags,when we jumped out of the plane. Even My sniper folded up. so that it fit in my bag. I kept all of my stuff close by in case of another assault. Agent Bond filled everyone in on what we had found.

"Here is our situation," He said as he drew a map of Nevada in the sand. "We are here," He said making an X on the southwestern border. "We need to get here." Agent Bond made another X on the southeastern border.

"I discovered a road about a mile north of here that heads east. This will most likely get us to Vegas," I explained.

Agent Bond continued with his plan. "I suggest that we travel by night when it's cooler, and we are less likely to be seen."

"'I like that part of the plan," Ty said.

"We should get moving at sunset," Agent Bond finished.

"It's about 5:00 now so I suggest we get some rest," I said.

"Daniel's right," Alice said. "I'll take first watch." We all curled up on some various blankets, and fell asleep. I completely zonked out, and when I awoke it was night time. I looked around, and saw everyone packing up. Agent Bond came over, and helped me up.

"Who shot that missile?" I asked abruptly.

"I don't know," He answered. "What I'm more worried about is how they found us.

"I guess your right," I said. "Someone involved in this mission is a double agent."

"Pack your stuff up", he said as he walked away. I stuffed my blanket into my pack, and loaded my weapons. I then strapped my two pistols to waist, and my knife to my thigh. My sniper rifle was folded up in my bag. I met up with the others at the main tent. 

"Alright guys, the road is about a mile north of her so let's get going,"

"I've been thinking," Vanessa said. "If whoever sent that missle found us once they can find us again. I say we should be extra careful, about where we go, and who we talk to."

"I agree," Agent Bond said. Everyone else nodded their approval.

"C'mon guys we're burning moonlight," Ty said, and we began our jog to the road. I kept pace with Ty, and asked him,

"So what do you think of Agent Bond?"

"What do you mean?" He said.

I whispered. "I think he might be a double agent."

"Your kidding right," He said.

"No, I'm not."

He sighed. "What would possibly lead you to that conclusion?" He asked.

"Well he seemed really well equipped  for the desert, and he knew exactly where t go, and how to do it." I said lamely.

"Hmm maybe that's because he's a CIA agent," Ty whispered harshly. He pulled away from me, and left me with Bruce.

"You didn't hear any of tha-" BOOOOM! Something exploded. A giant fireball rose from Alice's general area. I saw someones figure get tossed backwards. That's when things got ugly.