Casey

"It's only 5:30, I have time to get myself breakfast. You do want me awake during the interview, don't you?" I smiled through the phone. I stopped at the corner, looking around for a coffee shop.

"Yes, I assume I do. You have until 6 to eat your breakfast, then I need you here." She hung up the phone. I smiled down at my phone, sliding it into my pocket. Across the street a girl unlocked a cafe door and walked in.

"Perfect." I told myself. I looked down the street, checking for cars. I jogged across the street with my hands by my side. I pulled open the glass door and walked in, searching for the counter. I felt myself smile as she walked out from behind the wall.

"She's beautiful." I thought. I walked towards the counter, muttering a hello before she held up her hand.

"We haven't officially opened yet." She picked up a spray bottle and towel, starting to wipe down the counter. The smile fell off my face. I turned to face the cafe. I started picking the chairs off of the tables and placing them on the ground.

"You don't have to do that." She said from behind me. I turned around to face her, having to look down slightly.

I smiled. "I want to. I'll put down the chairs, and you wipe off the counters. Teamwork?"

"It would help me open quicker." She debated with herself. She brought her pointer finger up to her lips, resting her thumb under her chin. "Okay." She smiled slightly.

"Alright." I smiled. I turned back around, walking over to the next table. Quickly all the tables and chairs were cleaned off.

"So, what can I get you?" She asked from behind the counter. I cocked an eyebrow and peered up at the menu. I quickly decided on what I was having and looked back down.

"I'll have a French Vanilla Coffee, an Everything Bagel toasted with cream cheese, and your number." I smiled. She laughed at my order and typed it in.

She turned around and started brewing my coffee. She sliced the bagel in half, placing it in the toaster. I sat down at a table close to the front, silently waiting. I scrolled through my phone, noticing it was 5:43. I clicked onto the Google Maps app, typing in the address of Buzzfeed.

"9 minutes walking distance..." I whispered to myself. "I'll just eat quickly."

"Hey, um... What's your name?" She asked from the counter. I set my phone onto the table and walked over to her.

"My name is Casey."

"Well, Casey, here is your order." She smiled handing me my drink and bag.

"What do I owe you?" I set down the drink and bag, reaching into my pocket.

"Oh no, please. This is on me." She placed her hand onto my arm, stopping me from taking out my wallet.

"I'll be back later today to repay you." I smiled and waved her goodbye. I pushed open the door and jogged to my right.
———
"Casey, you're here early?" My manager asked surprised.

"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and make fun of me, but I still haven't eaten yet." I sat down on the ground, opening up the bag with my bagel. I separated the half's and started eating. I frequently took sips of my coffee to wash down the food.

"What's written on your cup?" My manager asked. I turned the cup around, looking at the writing I hadn't noticed before.

"A number?" I responded. I pulled out my phone, quickly typing in the number. Texting a quick hello before getting called over. I slid my phone back into my pocket and threw away my trash.
———
"Hi, I'm Casey Stone from the movie Chance and I'm at Buzzfeed to answer your questions." I smiled.