Chapter 16

"Christian, I don't think this is the best place to go. We should leave," I said to her under my breath.

"We're fine. I know her. I just need a couple things," she replied. I could tell she was nervous though by the way she was playing with her bracelet.

"This isn't about weapons, is it? I told you we have our powers. We don't need any weapons. Not to brag but you kinda have me," I gestured to myself. Chills were running down my back. Something was not right about this place I could just tell. My knuckles started to turn white from me clenching my fists so tight.

It took Christian a second to respond but she said, "I'm not. It's no big deal. Anyway. After this we can sleep the rest of the day at the hotel." I huffed but dropped it. I looked at Eathon on the other side of me. He didn't seem comfortable but he didn't say anything.

A lady came to the counter. She was looking down at some papers she was holding. She was wearing green and a dark purple shirt with jeans. I leaned over slightly to look at the papers. I tried to be subtle but Christian noticed me and put her hand I front of my chest. I sighed and leaned back.

"Can I help you?" the lady asked. Eathon lifted his eyes at her voice.

"Sandra?" Eathon asked. He was seeming a lot less timid about this. I still wasn't sure. She snapped her had up.

"Eathon! Christian! Where's Amaya?" she asked giving them both quick hugs.

"Oh," the conversation's buzz dropped at Christians tone,"She's dead. At least we think. She kinda dissapeared." Sandra looked down. When she looked up she saw me. Surprise took her face. Apparently she hasn't seen me yet.

"Whose this?" Sandra asked.

"I'm Skylar, Amaya's younger sister," I answered,"I have the same powers as her. But I'm still confused on why we are here."

Before I knew it, Sandra was hugging me. I awkwardly hugged her back.

"You look so much like her," she whispered. Which took me by surprise. I look nothing like my sister plus I'm wearing disguise. I pulled her off me and smiled with a quick thanks.

"I just wanted to say hi to Sandra. There was no reason behind it. We're in town so I wanted to say hi," Christian said.

"How do you know her any ways?" I asked.

"Amaya, Christian and I were friends. More of a trio. And Amaya was kinda popular. She knows a lot of people," Eathon said.

"Hmm, you haven't talked much today," I stated. I bumped him slightly.

"Well I don't trust many people," he said, looking at me.