☾chapter 5 ☾

december 21st, you were fired from your job today. it didn't surprise you, you knew you were slacking.

your boss told you that he would give you a week to sort yourself out and then come back to the shop to see him and he would re consider giving you your job back.

you didn't care to be honest. you knew that the break from people would do you good. maybe too good.

you sat down on your apartments balcony with a mug of hot chocolate wrapped in your warm and fluffy dressing gown. you were looking up at the stars.

you often wondered what your life would be like if you hadn't met him. would you have still been the quiet lonely girl without any friends? or would you have had the courage to make a friend?

you were broken and you knew it, his family knew it but you didn't know if he knew it. you just wanted to know why he left you.

that question eats away at you every single day, you wish you had your answer.

maybe he's just a lost boy not ready to be found. you knew that someone could possibly love you more but you didn't want anyone other than him.

he was your world. you would give your life to see him one last time, just one last time to get the answers.

you thought that maybe if you had the answers you could move on, but seeing him one more time would make it harder.

you remember the day you met him like it was yesterday, it was a cold rainy day and you had no umbrella. your clothes were soaked through and your hair was dripping wet.

he on the other hand, he was completely dry and had an umbrella, he saw your shivering body and had the kindness to walk you home whilst giving you his jacket and sharing his umbrella.

you were happy to finally have a friend, but friends soon turned to lovers.

you wondered what it would be like if he was still here, you knew things would be different but what would they be like?

would you still be looking up at the stars in each other's arms planning your future? or would you have been asleep by now?

you sighed at these thoughts. you reached for your phone from your dressing gown pocket. it was 2am and you were awake thinking of him.

you decided sending a message wouldn't hurt, he wouldn't see them.

you:
i'm awake when i should be sleeping.
sent. 2:07am

you:
it's your fault that i can't sleep.
sent. 2:08am

you:
you promised me forever, what happened?
sent. 2:09am

you:
you're probably tired of me telling you to please come home but we all need you here with us.
sent. 2:12am

you:
i'm tired, i wanna sleep next to you and that's all i want.
sent. 2:14am

you:
we all want you to come home.
sent. 2:15am

you:
i'm begging you, please come home.
sent. 2:21am