Chapter 46: Behind His Mask

Mulai dari awal

Ace pursed her lips, frowning.

He continued, his voice wavering. "I'm a bastard, Ace." His body began to tremble. "My mother conceived me with a stranger. The stranger that claimed he loved my mom ran as soon as she told him she was pregnant. My dad was furious when he found out she had cheated on him.

"Ever since I was born, my parents wanted nothing to do with me. They were cold, acting like I was nothing but a burden to carry on their shoulders. Living with them was inhospitable. They complained whenever I tried to get their attention and told me that it would be better if I was dead. I lost track of how many times they beat me.."

Ace moved her hand from his back, moving upwards toward the back of his head. Her fingers tenderly brushed a few locks of his hair.

"I never experienced what it feels like to be appreciated." He said, his tears spilling. "I thought if I acted cheerful and friendly, people would be happy to have me around. No.. They aren't happy to have me around. They just want to use me for their own purposes. I'm nothing but a pawn to them. They can easily dispose of me if they want to. I.. I just want to feel.. loved.. Why is the world so cruel..?"

"Allian." She murmured. "You are loved. Everyone that is around you all like you for who you are. They just don't express their emotions. You, being a child that was born unintentionally, doesn't change a thing. You were just unfortunate enough to grow up with angry people. As for your friends, they are the wrong type of people you should be associating yourself with. There are plenty of people out there who would be willing to accept you for who you are, to call you family. You just haven't met them yet."

He stayed silent aside from his shaky breaths. "...Do you accept me for who I am?"

"Of course." She said with a warm smile on her face.

He nuzzled his cheek against the top of her head. "Thank you.."

~

Ace glanced over at the clock, then back to Allian who still had his arms wrapped around her. His eyes were closed. She hadn't moved her hand from the back of his head.

It's been about twenty minutes. 

Honestly, she didn't mind laying here with him. He needed all the comfort he could get, and she was here for him. However, she would feel much, much better about this situation if she hadn't been kidnapped and cuffed to a bed.

There was a knock on the door. "Can I come in?"

The girl instantly tensed up, recognizing the voice to be Ryoma's.

She tried to sit up, but Allian wouldn't budge. Looking beside her, she frowned and urgently whispered to him. "Allian, someone's coming in."

The blonde didn't react. He just closed his eyes. "Stay here with me.."

"Allian!" She exclaimed, warily bringing her eyes to the door. "He might get the wrong idea-"

The door opened, making her flinch.

Ryoma took a few steps into the bedroom, stopping short when he saw the blonde who held onto the girl.

Ace cringed. "Ryoma-!"

His red eyes narrowed, his expression shifted to one of anger. "What the f*ck?!"

Allian gradually released the girl from his arms, his eyes turning dull. He didn't say anything as Ryoma stormed over to him, grabbing him by the collar and slamming him against a wall. "Did you force her to lay with you? Was she even okay with you touching her?"

Allian didn't reply, his body posture slumped.

"Answer me!" Ryoma growled, pulling him forward before slamming him back against the wall. He felt as though his world darkened with the cracks of pain he felt against his back and his head.

"Ryoma stop!" Ace yelled. "You've got it wrong!" She tried getting off the bed, only for the cuffs to painfully pull against her wrist and her feet beginning to hurt. Dammit!

Ignoring her, the aggressive male tossed the blonde onto the floor like he was a ragdoll, driving his foot into his stomach.

Allian coughed as he took the blow, his hands clutching where he had been hit.

"Answer me!" He repeated, delivering another kick to Allian's side.

"Ryoma!" She shrieked, her eyes wide in horror. "S-stop! Please!"

He paused, turning his eyes to her. He clenched his teeth in frustration, tightening his fist. "He hurt you! Why are you telling me to stop!"

"He didn't hurt me!" She cried out. "He's in pain and needs comfort! I willingly allowed him to lay with me!"

Ryoma drew in a sharp breath and turned around, leaving the room abruptly. Ace's eyes followed him as he left, tugging at her bound wrist that had begun hurting.

She could have sworn she saw someone watching by the doorframe.

Exhaling in relief, Ace looked back to where Allian was slowly picking himself back up. A wave of guilt passed through her chest. "Allian.. You're hurt!" She said frantically. Looking around, she pursed her lips as the first aid kit was no longer sitting on the nightstand.

She was frustrated that she couldn't help him, no matter how much she wanted to.

Standing on unsure feet, slumped over with his hand on his stomach, he glanced at her and gave a small smile. "I'm fine.. I'm sorry I made you worry.."

He began to limp painfully out of the room, hiding his grimaces.

"What?! That's not the point!" She exclaimed. Pulling at her wrist, she cursed as the cuffs dug into her skin. She watched helplessly as the blonde left the room, disappearing from her sight.

Heaving a deep sigh, she brought her eyes down and stared at her blanket.

She bit the inside of her cheek. Seeing Allian not even attempt to defend himself.. says a lot about what he must be feeling on the inside.

Mixed feelings plagued her mind and her heart once again. The guilt.. the pain.. anger and regrets.

Why.. why do I feel sorry for him? He's one of my captors. It doesn't make any sense..