"Not your girlfriend?" The smugness in the fuckers voice jerked me back to reality and I shook myself, glaring at my best friend.

"Fuck off." I growled, tucking my notebook into my bag and darting ahead into the crowd, hoping to get out of here quickly.

Sang

I didn't see any of the boys Karen wouldn't stop talking about the entire rest of registration. I did get the classes I wanted though, all College prep. I wished they'd let me test out of highschool, I was eighteen now and I still had to complete senior year.... And I couldn't get enough hours at any job to be on my own until I was done with highschool. I'd almost rather live on the streets than return home, almost, but the dangers there were worse. I could handle a few hits and punishments for free living, and a new diner had opened up just down the road-maybe I'd be able to get some hours in on the weekend and start saving up in earnest. The few babysitting gigs I'd managed weren't quite cutting it, though they helped.

The week before school I spent exploring the woods and cleaning the house. We'd lived in Charleston my whole life, but had moved to this side of town on Sunnyvale Court just under a month ago. I liked it, not being in the middle of town. There weren't gangs or rowdy teens here, less drug issues, fewer people to see me slipping in and out of the house to mention it to mother, and my window was easy to climb in and out of.

Monday came, and I was happy to get on the bus, glad to be out of the house and away from Mother if only for a few hours. I was wearing a black fitted t-shirt, with dark jeggings and converse. The bruises on my ribs and stomach protested as I hiked my backpack up and climbed the few stairs, noting the boys that were getting into their green SUV across the street, and settling into a seat near the back. It was less crowded than usual, and I had the seat to myself, though I knew by the end of the week there would be at least three to a seat.

I just made it to homeroom as the bell rang, sliding into a seat near the middle with open seats in front and behind me, liking the space from kids I didn't get along with. I opened my note book, waiting for role call, doodling on the edges and making swirls with hidden hearts among leaves and flowers.

"Sing Sang Song....." A voice growled as the smell of menthol and body odor flooded my nose. I grimaced, ignoring the irritating boy trying to get my attention. Greg thought he was all that, and then some, and had been trying to get in my pants since ninth grade. As a matter of fact, all the boys tried to get in my pants. It had become a game to them, seeing who could get 'goody two shoes Sang' to loose her clothes, and normally I brushed it off with sarcasm and laughs, but not Greg. He was to much of an asshole and not above hurting people to get what he wanted. He leaned over me, one hand covering my paper, and I looked up at him calmly, keeping my face blank. He was to close.

"Everything all right here?" A deep voice growled from my other side, and I had to hold myself back from flinching. He was quiet, masculine... and scary. Greg stepped back, smirking.

"No, no problem. Just talking to my girlfriend before class." He went to take an empty seat on the other side of the room as a medium sized blond haired model like boy took the seat in front of me, and Growly looked down at me with... concern? He was really tall, big, burly, with black hair and dark eyes. The scowl on his face seemed permanent, his arms crossed on his broad chest, and the gold glinting in his ear added to his bad boy image. He was undeniably hot though. He raised a brow at my inspection, and I smirked at him-to which he grunted and slid into the seat behind me. I went back to my paper, ignoring the people around me.

"Hey, I'm Lucian Taylor but most people call me Luke. What's your name Sweetcheeks?" I looked up into sparkling, swirling chocolate eyes in that model worthy face, and couldn't help the smile that took over my face. I pushed my hair out of my face and sat back, and his eyes widened, his own smile growing more genuine. "Cupcake?" I nodded, giggling a little, and Grumpy grunted behind me. Luke looked at him, exchanging words in that weird way his group had always done with his eyes, and his grin grew mischevious.