4 ~ First day of school.

[AU WHERE GARRETT AND ANDREW MEET IN HIGHSCHOOL]

Garrett was new to the school and didn't have many friends. When he entered one of his classes to find a mysterious looking redhead sitting in the empty seat next to him, he knew his life was about to be flipped upside down.

[Garretts Pov]

This school was dumb along with everyone in it.

Nobody talked to me, nobody acknowledge my existence. I had no friends what so ever. All this already added to the stress I was currently facing. You see, at my old school before my family moved, I had a girlfriend that everyone knew about but I also had a fling with a guy on the side. If it's not obvious already, I'm hella confused. I felt more comfortable being with the guy then I did the girl. So when we moved away and I lost contact with the both of them it gave me time to think.

When I kissed my girlfriend it made me feel sick to my stomach. But when I kissed my boyfriend it felt like there was a bunch of butterflys with strong bat like wings fluttering inside of me. It felt more...natural I guess you could say. But I was still confused, I still am. I didn't hit a 'home run' or whatever people call it nowadays with them. I was saving myself for when I found the right girl, but now I think plans have changed. I think my train crashed and ran over the entire population of girls in the human race so I could only focus on the guys.

It was confusing. I've caught myself checking out more guys then I do girls. Instead of looking at girls butts I catch myself looking at boys junk. I don't know what to think. I didn't grow up in this kind of environment, with people liking the same gender as them. I don't have anything against those people, please don't get me wrong, but I haven't had much exposure to it. I don't know if it's because my parents couldn't be bothered or if because they were completely against it.

That's what scares me most about the whole situation.

You see, like I've said, I don't have anything wrong with gay people. I don't have anything wrong with anyone in the LGBT community. They're still people and they all deserve the same rights and respect straight people do. But I'm fucking terrified to be apart of it.

I've seen the hate, I've seen punches being thrown, I've read the articles. I know how badly those people are treated. I don't want to be treated like that. I just want to be straight, make my life easy again, but I know that isn't the case. I can just feel it.

I'm 99.9% sure I'm gay and that terrifies me.

I don't know how what little friends I have would react, how my parents would react. My community if it leaked out and the rest of my family. I hated the idea of letting my family down. I hated the idea of not being able to live the proper life I'm sure my parents want me too. I won't get married to a beautiful woman, I won't have kids with her. We won't grow old together and die happy. No, if I did that I would end up miserable and depressed.

And probably just end my life.

So no, I guess I'm not straight. I guess I never really was. I guess I just put up a shield without knowing. But now it's time to take that shield down and really figure out once and for all what my feelings are. My goal here at this new school was to find the gayest boy I could and have some fun. Or atleast find a guy that's into guys. I just need an experience. An experience that will make everything clear to me.

One that will give me the answers I need.

The sudden ring of the bell interrupted my current gay thoughts, causing me to run down the hall to class again. I was always late because I was either eating or crying in a bathroom stall, sometimes both, so I didn't care all that much.

I entered my small art class to see someone sitting in the empty seat beside mine. He looked...rather mysterious. He had bright orange hair that looked like a flame in a fire, dark brown eyes, a light stubble and he looked to be wearing jeans and a hoodie. He was pretty attractive.

I carefully walked over and slid into my seat as the teacher started telling her instructions. I started listening but after a while I zoned out, thinking about the cute boy next to me. Imagining and rehearsing me introducing myself.

"Um h-hey. I'm garrett. Are you new here?" I kept my voice low so I wouldn't startled the boy. He looked up at me and smiled wide.

"Hey there, my names andrew. I just moved here a few days ago but I wish I did sooner. You're stunning." I could feel my face turn a bright red.

"O-oh. Thank you." Andrew smiled and turned back to his sketch book. I smiled a little and looked down at my own. Maybe this year won't be so bad after all.

[107 reads that's nice. Thanks for reading this mess! I'm kinda surprised but honoured. I hope yall are enjoying so far cause it's soon about to get depressing]