Cinnabar

________________________________

Quirks

80% of the population had them, most of them made people stronger, helped them with everyday things, made them capable of being those called "heroes" but to you, yours made you weaker.

  ________________________________ 

 The sound of your phone alarm woke you up. Rubbing your eyes, you sat up and turned off the alarm. Quietly you went to the bathroom and washed your face. Even with the cold water you still felt tired. You stared at yourself in the mirror, your 'hair' glistened a bit in the artificial light, the red color staring straight at your tired eyes. You missed the feeling of your old (h/c) hair but the coldness and smoothness of the red gem took over once you reached 10. Though, at least you could style it still. Quickly, you brushed your teeth and headed back to your room to get ready for school. You pulled your school's uniform over your head, zipped up the blue skirt and put on knee length black socks. Grabbing the red ribbon from your desk, you scurried over to your mirror tried to tie the ribbon in the neatest way possible. Content with how the ribbon is you grabbed your school bag and phone and headed to the table. Placing your bag beside your chair, you greeted your mom in the kitchen.

"Morning Mom!" you say as you walked over and kissed her cheek. She gave you a smile while finishing up breakfast.

"Morning sweetie, your father left early for work today." She said. You nodded in understanding, your father had been working earlier to get a job promotion and you prayed he would get it. Taking a seat at the table, your mother placed down your breakfast. Soon she joined you with her own plate.

You finished your breakfast and placed the plate in the sink. You grabbed your bag and phone and put on your shoes.

"I'm leaving now!" You shouted as you opened the door.

"Have a good day sweetie!"

Smiling at your mothers response, you closed the door behind you and made your way to school. It was a simple public school, Akebeno Minami. Once you reached the familiar building, you changed your shoes and trudged up to your class, 3-A. You slided the door open and muttered a small good morning before going to your desk and setting everything down.

"(y/n)-chan!" A familiar voice shouted. Sighing, you turned your head to meet your friend, Hoshiko Wanatabe. Her green eyes sparkled as she ran over to hug you.

"Oi, don't break me Hoshiko. You know i'm low on the mohs scale." You say with a witty undertone. The hug was still nice but you didn't want to go to the nurse first thing today.

"AH! i'm sorry, i didn't break you did i?" She asks after letting go. You laughed,

"I'm fine Hoshi-chan. You're not the strongest person ya know?"

"Hey, you don't have to say that" She pouted. You only shook your head playfully in response, your red hair catching the light from the nearby window.  You put your bag on the hook on your desk after taking out a small book and started reading. Hoshiko sighed and plopped onto her seat which was, thankfully, right in front of you. "Class hasn't even started yet and you're reading? Come onnn, tell me what you did over the weekend."