Chapter 10: Anna

Mrs. Marcus hates me! Okay maybe it's not me she hates, it's my personality.

All just because I joke, there was no need for her to snap at me. Gee, dancers can sometimes be snobs! God, I hope I don't turn into a snob!

I see Kyra exiting her creative writing class, and there's a huge smile across her face.

"Hi!" I say as Kyra walks up to me.

"Hey! How was your dance class?" she asks.

"Um, it was fine, how was your Creative Writing Class?" I ask.

"It was amazing! My teacher is deaf! I'm not alone!" Kyra beams. I hug her.

I break my hug from Kyra, and her face changes.

"Are you alright? You look down."

"I'm... I'm just hungry. Come on, I heard the food in the cafeteria is way better than the poop they sell in public school cafeterias." Kyra laughs. She seems to like my personality.

The cafeteria is full of artists! Some are playing their instruments, some taking photos of people, and others doing other various things.

My eyes catch a boy waving his hand at Kyra and I. I remember him, he's the kid we helped earlier. I remember that dirtbag from earlier called him a "Writing Geek" maybe he knows Kyra.

He sprints over to us and grins.

"Hey Kyra." He breathes.

"Hi Ryan." Kyra responds. So that's his name, Ryan. Well Ryan is really cute. I don't usually find nerdy looking guys cute, but this Ryan may be able to find his way onto "Mama's" list!

"Anna, this is Ryan Walsh, he's in my Creative Writing class. Ryan, this is my friend Anna Jenkins, she's a ballerina." Kyra grins.

That Ryan kid is blushing! OMG OMG!!!!!!!

"Hi." I breathe.

"Hi. Would you lovely ladies like to sit with me and my humble crew? We've got room." He smiles. Oh God I just wanna attack him with billions of kisses!!!!!!!!

Kyra notices my face as says sure.

Ryan starts leading us to his table.

"I saw that." Kyra leans closer to me.

"What?" I ask.

"You know what." She winks at me. I start to blush so hard I look like a cherry.

"Gentlemen, Mademoiselle, I would like to introduce to Kyra Trey, a fellow writer like "you know who" and Anna Jenkins, ballerina. Ladies, this is James, our talented cellist, Sophia, our lovely actress, and Lewis, our brilliant, sly filmmaker." Ryan speaks. They look at us with bright eyes.

"Hi." Kyra and I say.

"Hey." the flamboyant boy, Lewis responds.

"Hello." Sophia chirps.

"Salutations." the other nerdy boy, James says.

Kyra and I sit down. They look at us with wide eyes. What? Have they never seen a writer and a dancer before?

"So you both are new here?" Sophia asks, she sort of dresses like a six year old.

"Yeah. My mom's the singing teacher. Sheila Jenkins." I respond.

"I was videotaping in your mom's class today! She's such a kind lady!" Lewis cheers. My mom really is a kind woman. She always seemed like the type who would've been at Woodstock, but that was in my grandparents time, in fact they actually went to Woodstock.

"So Kyra, Ryan told us what you did to Shane Hart, that's really brave of you. Of both of you really." I think I'm staring to like the cellist.

"Thank you." Kyra responds.

"So Kyra, Ryan told me you're deaf." Sophia says. Kyra reads her lips.

"Yeah." she responds with a smile.

"You don't sound deaf." the actress comments.

"That's the result from lots of therapy, reading a lot, and being a Chatty Cathy. Kinda rare for most deaf people to talk a lot, now that I think about it." Kyra giggles.

"Were you born deaf?" I ask.

"No, I was born hearing, until I was two in a half." 

"What happened?" Ryan asks.

"The damn measels is what happened. I lost my hearing that year." I see Kyra's eyes watering. 

I place my hand on Kyra's arm. She looks me in the eye and smiles.

"Kyra, my  dance teacher hates me." I blurt out. Kyra looks confused.

"Why? Why would someone hate you?" she asks.

"She says I'm to immature. She hates my personality." I say with tears falling from my eyes.

"Hey, it'll get better. And I happen to know someone who loves your personality." Kyra grins.

"Who?"

"Me."