zero.

gentle eyelids fluttered quietly as they opened, the brush of air warming skin and darkening cheeks as a pair of cherry-stained lips fell upon the smooth skin.

warm arms wrapped around his waist, mixing pale hues of skin as the appendages tangled, thumb massaging circles into the soft, freckled skin.

"what am i to you?" he asks, the words quiet and soft, spoken warmly in the peeking light of pale dawn flooding through the white curtains. illuminating the room in pinks and golds, the hues of light cast shadows on the pale blanket the two were tucked under, two bodies moulded against each other.

"you are the stars," donghyuck finally answers, the words breathed into the skin of his neck, lips brushing against the freckles expanse,

"you are the lights in the sky that shine down on me in all their greatness, and kiss my skin with the touch of flower petals. you are the sun that fills the room when the night falls upon our minds and needs to be cleared,"

"but most of all, you are you. you are the constellations that dot your skin, lighting you up with golden hues. you are the quiet words that escape your mouth with a softness i can't explain. you are what makes my heart tremble in my chest, and lights my soul on fire with passion i didn't know i had."

"you are huang renjun, and you are the melody that plays in my mind, my heart beating along with the music of yours."

as cherry-stained lips met pale, freckled skin, the world fell into place and the serendipity that was their love had never shone brighter in the pale hues of hubris light.