Chapter three

CHAPTER 3 -

 It all passed quickly after that. Every single one of the girls never showed up, so it was me and Damien. I had a feeling that Mel had told everyone about my moment with him, so they probably wanted me to be ‘alone’ with him. The next thing I knew, was that it was culture and history class (Yet another class that I have with Damien) and he came up to me.

 “Hey.” He said, and took my hand to guide me to the back. Then let go to pull back my seat, he was a gentleman.

“Oh, hey.” I said tiredly, I really needed to get some sleep. We sat down and he took my hand in his, then slid it under the table.

The rest of the lesson was boring. I had just realized because I actually stayed awake for the whole lesson. We had to work on these boring work sheet, about designing our own ‘culture mask’. I mean come on. As if we need to learn that to graduate. But I guess it you wanted to be a designer as your job. This sucks. We’re only to go out from Valadon’s if we wear cover-up-moisturising-cream to make us less pale out in the sun. It makes the sun hit the moisturiser instead of our skin.

“I’m thinking of going out later, wanna come with me?” I asked Damien in the hall, after class. I was leaning my head against my locker, while he shoved his books into his.

“What do you mean, ‘out’?” His voice was disapproving. Damn, that was probably a no.

“Like out, out.” I said back, laughing a little bit when Alissa made her way down the hall, but tripped on her shoelace, which wasn’t, at all, tied up.

She came up next to us, pushed me on the shoulder for laughing, then bent down to tie it up.

“Hey Ali,” I laughed. Damien said ‘hi’ to, but it was more of a mumble.

“Hey Alissa, come ‘ere!” Jess yelled, just in time. Damien looked really unhappy.

Sure enough, Alissa hopped to the end of the hall to meet Jess, with her tote bag and sunnies in hand

“Look, I can’t go, I have to meet Jake.” Jake was Damien’s ‘best friend.’ “I just don’t want you to be going out alone...” He looked up at me. His sea green eyes were miserable. And I mean miserable. It did make me think twice, but I needed autumn clothes. I loved autumn. It was my favourite season.

“Damien, I’m going to be okay, you can bring Jake with us,” I knew he wouldn’t, but it was worth a try.

“Well, if it keeps you safe... then yes, we will come. But he might need a new...” He broke off, seeing me grinning like crazy. He knows I looooove shopping.

Yaaaaay!” I practically squealed. “I’ll go get ready, then you drag Jake into the car, if you need my help, just squeal.” I was laughing like crazy now. I knew Damien could scream like a girl, it was one of the many confessions he had told me.

Okay, it hadn’t been that hard to get Jake in the car. He was a bit too manly, but he loved party’s. We just said we were going to a party, he ‘insisted’ he’d come too. Sucked in.

“So, which party is this one?” He asked in his deep, manly voice. He had sandy blonde hair, with deep, brown, shimmering eyes. Yes, I know, his eyes we’re shimmering, like, he was one hot guy.

Me and Damien burst out into laughter.

“Sorry, man. No party, just... Shopping!” He laughed, then play-punched his mate in the arm. “I couldn’t leave Ella on her own.”

Well, I had already moisturised my body, it was so that we did’nt go pale. I was taught that even though I’m an Angel, I still go pale in the sunlight. Damien covered himself with sloppy, non-guyish moisturising cream. Mostly for your skin. That was totally not hot.