10. "You're a werewolf... like us"

En başından başla

*****

After Liam finished his call with Mason, we were out on the road. Derek locked the last handcuff on my brother, "All good?" Derek asked. Liam and I both pulled on the handcuffs to make sure we wouldn't easily get out of them, "Okay. I brought something to help you," Derek says as he takes out a pendant out of his jacket.

"This has been with my family for centuries. It's a very powerful, supernatural talisman. We use it to teach betas how to control themselves on a full moon," Derek explained and handed Liam the talisman, Liam and I stared at the talisman in awe.

"Yes, it's powerful," Stiles said as he cleared his throat, I looked up at him with a confused look. "Very powerful," Stiles said, I just nodded along with my brother.

Then, next thing I knew it was night time. Then, the full moon started to have an affect on me... well us. I grabbed the hand that Liam had the talisman on, "Whatever you were gonna teach us... I think you better start," Liam said. "Liam, Lin? You with me?" Derek asked, we looked up at him waiting for what he was about to say next. "We have a mantra that we use. We repeat it and you focus on the words. It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you," Derek explains, I nod and groan. "Okay. Okay, okay! What are the words?" I asked, "Okay, look at the triskelion. See the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back, it's the same thing," Derek says.

I look down at the triskelion and focus on the symbol, "Each spiral means something," Derek explains. "Alpha, beta, omega," Stiles says, "It represents the idea that we can always rise to one and fall to another. Betas can become Alphas," Derek explains further.

"Alphas can become Betas," Stiles continues, "Can Alphas become Omegas?" my bother asks. Derek nods, "All you have to do is say the three words. And with each one you tell yourself, you're getting calmer, more in control. Go ahead," Derek encourages. My brother and I look at each other and we start saying the words, "Alpha, Beta..." we start a little fast and Derek tells us to slow down. We start over again, this time slower.

"Alpha... Beta... Omega" we say in unison, we groan trying to stay in control of our power. "Alpha... Beta... Omega" we say again, "Good. Say it again. Remember, every time you say the words you're getting calmer," Derek tells us. We repeat the words again, this time with a little growl in our voices. Derek tells us to repeat the words, "Derek, I don't think that powerful talisman of self-control is working," Stiles says.

I grunt, at this point I felt my eyes glowing, my fangs coming out as well as a roar. "Liam, Lin, say it again," Derek tells us, but my brother and I only roar and stand up making the van move. "Twins!" I hear Stiles scream, then the next thing I knew Liam broke out of one of the handcuffs and swung at Derek making him grab his wrist so he won't get him.

"Derek?" Braeden calls out, "I think were gonna need to go a little faster!" Stiles says. "Keep going!" Derek tells her, still trying to hold onto Liam's wrist.

Then I brake out of the chains, going after Derek as well. "Lin!" Derek screams out, "Liam!" Derek screams. "Were almost there!" Braeden says, Liam and I are still trying to tear Derek to bits. "Derek, I don't think Alpha, Beta, Omega is resonating with them," Stiles says, "Do you know any other mantras?" Derek asks.

"Yeah, I do." Stiles says, "Liam, Lin. What three things cannot long be hidden?" Stiles asks us. We just look at him and turn our attention back to Derek, "Twins!" he yells. "Guys, look at me. What three things cannot long be hidden? What three things?" Stiles asks again, Liam and I look at each other.

"Sun... The moon... the truth," We say in unison, "That's it. Say it again," he tells us. We repeat the mantra and start to calm down, "Were okay," Derek says to Braeden. Liam and I are breathing heavily, and we look at each other. We were finally able to control it. Liam holds onto my hand, squeezing it lightly as we say the mantra once more.