one

A/N: TA-DAAAA! Harry Potter au, as promised! 
Guys, I don't think you understand how fucking excited I am to be writing this. Harry Potter has been my all-time FAVORITE book/movie series since I was, like, six. I've read the entire series FOUR TIMES. And Larry is probably my other favorite thing in the world, so put those two together and I'm in my own personal heaven.
I just really hope I can do Harry Potter justice.
Anyways. ALL HARRY POTTER-VERSE CREDIT GOES TO J.K. ROWLING. I OBVIOUSLY DID NOT MAKE ANY OF THE SETTING UP; SHE CREATED THE UNIVERSE, I'M ONLY HERE TO NUDGE THE PLOT ALONG. 
This isn't edited yet, so bear with me; I'll edit it later on tonight, because I literally spent hours and days and weeks on all of this.
ALSO: ignore the ugly cover please, I've asked someone to make me a really good one for this book so we'll see what happens! Bear with it for now :) 
I don't own anything, I don't own anyone, same old same old.
Title taken from "Centuries" by Fall Out Boy. Link is on the right, take a listen if you want :) 
Let me know what you think, and HAPPY HAPPY READING! I seriously hope you guys enjoy this, I'm so excited about it <3

****

"Okay darling, just like always. On the count of three -- "

"Mum, it's my last year. I think I know how to do this by now."

Jay raises an eyebrow at Louis' irritated tone, and Louis cringes. "Sorry, never mind. Yeah, sure. On the count of three."

"Ooh, can I do it? Can I count? Please?" Phoebe asks enthusiastically, raising her hand excitedly and nearly taking Daisy's eye out in the process. She ignores Daisy's affronted squeak and widens her eyes at Louis.

Louis smiles at her fondly. "Of course you can, love. Do the honors."

"One," she nearly shouts, and Jay rests her hand gently on the back of Phoebe's head. "Quieter darling, there are Muggles around," she hushes, and Phoebe claps a hand over her mouth. "Sorry," she mutters, and then turns back to Louis with a smile. "Two," she says at a normal volume, and Louis chuckles to himself, grasping the trolley handle tightly. "Three!" 

Louis takes a deep breath, makes sure that Marvin is still snug in his cage, and runs for it. 

Despite the fact that he's done this six times before, he can't help but feel the butterflies flit about his stomach. The closer he gets to the wall, the worse it gets, and he can feel the panic starting to build -- but then the bricks melt away around him and with a whoosh of air and sound, he's on Platform nine and three-quarters. 

He pauses for a moment, taking in the Hogwarts Express, before remembering that Lottie should be right behind him. He manages to get himself, Marvin, and the trolley out of the way just as she emerges from the brick, looking slightly frazzled and out of breath. 

"Still not used to that," she mutters, and Louis barks out a loud laugh. 

Moments later, Phoebe and Daisy run out together, giggling, followed by an annoyed-looking Fizz and an amused-looking Jay. 

"Alright my loves, let's get your brother and sister on the train. Phoebe, don't touch that boy's broomstick please, it's not yours!"

Louis rolls his eyes at his sisters and starts pushing his trolley along the platform, Marvin hooting contentedly. He feels a grin slowly spreading across his face the further he walks into the mass of students greeting each other and saying goodbye to their families. He's back. 

Random people call out his name left and right, yelling greetings and promises to catch up once they all arrive at the castle. Louis smiles and waves at all of them, and he can feel everyone's eyes on him as he does so. He loves it. 

People move out of his way as he passes, some smiling at him, others looking slightly scared. That part bothers him a bit; he's not a mean, or scary person, so there's no reason for them to look so terrified. He's not quite sure why any of them do that, to be honest.