Chapter 12

Cameron's POV

"No turning back now, buddy," Nash smirked. I'll admit I was a bit angry, because I'm honestly not ready for this. Plus, my romance life is none of his concern. It's nice of him for trying and all, but it would be a lot easier on me if I came here when I was ready. What the hell am I going to say, honestly. I hurt her. I know I hurt her badly, but I also hurt myself in the process.

"Fuck you," I snapped. Nash and I were brotherly close, therefore it didn't really matter when we cursed at each other or called each other names because we'd end up perfectly fine.

"That could be arranged," he joked. I rolled my eyes and unbuckled my seatbelt, opening the door to the car.

My stomach ached a bit from devouring that much candy, and I truly felt like I was dreaming. Sadly, I wasn't.

I shut my eyes tight and pinched my forearm to ensure I wasn't dreaming. I wasn't.

Sighing, I was dragged into the building. Occasionally, we were swooned over or gawked at by girls, which hinted they recognized us. I just waved and smiled, as Nash dragged me past the series of dorm rooms that led down the hallway that seemed never ending.

My palms sweated as we approached a door with a mini erasable whiteboard that read 'Avery and Sage's cool cat hideout' in bubbly handwriting with decorations plastered across it.

Nash placed his hand on my upper back. "Remember Cam, I'm only doing this because I want you to be happy. I clearly care dearly about you, and it hurts me being your best friend to see you crying over a breakup or shit. It's my job to help you and give you advice, and well, this girl is your advice. She's the only thing that can help you, remember that," He patted my back, and without thinking, I knocked.

Avery's POV

After slitting my wrists while Sage was at her boyfriend's dorm for the third time this week, there was a knock on the door. I didn't know who it could be, because honestly, nobody ever visits me.

I couldn't do anything about the blood oozing onto the floor, so I just bandaged my arm and quickly threw on a hoodie, for I'd have to clean the bathroom after the unknown visitor leaves.

Sighing, I went to answer the door. As it swung open, my blank expression turned into a frown.

"Hey, Nashy Poo!" I embraced him, faking a smile. I glanced towards the other boy standing in my doorway. "Cameron," I say blandly, showing no emotion whatsoever.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick or I'm going to piss myself," Nash said anxiously, beginning to walk to the bathroom.

My eyes practically jumped out of my head. "NO! Uh.. I mean.. the uh.. the toilet is.. um.. clogged," I lied.

"Damn..," he groaned. I sighed of relief and they took a seat next to me on the twin bed in my dorm.

"Hey Av? Aren't you hot? Its like boiling in here," Nash comments.

I shrug, "Not at all," I lie. Everything is a lie.

"Oh. Well, I'm gonna go find a bathroom," Nash stands up and the exits the room, winking at Cameron on the way.

"Alright. I've caught on. I can see through you," Cameron stands up and paces in a circle.

"So why are you here," I snap staring at the floor.

"I'm here because I'm sorry. I bet you feel like a rebound, or like shit. I'm sorry I ever made you feel that way. I don't know if it was because I was scared of it, but now I know for sure. Avery Jennings, I'm shamelessly in love with you. I'm sorry I made you hate me and for being such a dick. I thought maybe if I was with Alexa I could maybe avoid admitting that because I was, well, scared. I was scared to admit it to myself. I broke every promise I've ever made to you. I saved the ring, and it didn't even cross my mind to give it to anyone else. And when Alexa left, it didn't hurt as much as the fact I let the best thing that ever had to me slip through my fingers. All of this is my fault. I know it is, you don't have to tell me. I'm human, and I make mistakes. I promise you, and this time I mean it, I'll always be there for you, even if I'm all the the way across the country."

I was shocked. Certainly, I was not expecting that.

I stood on my tip toes and just hugged him. His smell lingered in my nose, and I smiled to myself. "I love you," I whispered in his ear.

"Love you too," he says, rolling up my sleeves.

"Hey!" I screech, snatching them away from his grasp.

"Please?" he whines. I slowly give him them, and he takes the bandage off slowly. The sight makes his lips curve into a frown.

He carefully kisses each scar, whispering a compliment to make me feel good about myself between kisses.

Maybe I'm luckier then I thought.