"Oh, are you sure?" She asked worriedly, "Do you think you need to get something checked ou-"

"No, mum," I interrupted her slightly harshly, "I said I'm fine."

"Alright, fine. I'm sorry for being concerned."

I sighed and turned around once again to face her.

"I'm sorry," I said quietly, "I...I didn't mean to snap, mum."

"Oh...I know," she smiled at me, "if you say you're alright, then I believe you."

I smiled back at her and went back to my bedroom – sinking down onto the edge of my bed and letting out a long, shaky sigh once I did so. I ended up just sitting there for several moments when I suddenly heard my mother's voice once again.

"Oh, Aurelia...is your period here, sweetheart?" She suddenly came into my room – making me jump a little.

"Mum! What the hell?!" I blurted out.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said with a soft chuckle, "but anyway..." she brought out my underwear from today – and my eyes immediately widened, "Aurelia, I don't want to have to tell you again, but if you think your period's coming, please wear pads in advance. That way, you won't stain your underwear like this."

"Oh, er...r-right..." I felt my knee starting to shake – so I quickly crossed my legs to make it stop, "sorry, mum. I...I guess I forgot..."

"It's OK, darling. But just start learning how to make mental notes, alright?"

"Sure," I nodded, "I...I can wash them, if you want..."

"No, don't worry. I can do it," she assured me with a smile, "let me know if you start getting cramps, OK? I'll bring a hot water bottle up."

"Will do," I nodded again, "thanks, mum."

Her smile grew as she left the room – and as soon as she was gone, I felt my bottom lip starting to tremble, and my eyes began to prick with tears. I squeezed my eyes shut and let the smallest, softest sob escape from my mouth – and before I knew it, I was weeping quietly for the umpteenth time that night.

~~~~~~

"Mummy, can we go to the park now?" Noah asked me as he handed me his hot chocolate cup, "Please?"

"Oh...sure, sunshine," I gave him a soft smile as I rinsed his cup out, "go on and get your jacket, then. We'll go very soon."

"Yayy!" Noah jumped & and down excitedly, "Can Harry come?"

"What?" My eyes widened a little, "You want Harry to come with us?"

"Yes!" He nodded and smiled, "Please, mummy? Harry is our friend!"

"Oh...well I...I suppose I can try and give him a call," I said, "but...no promises, OK? He might be working."

"Can you call him now?" asked Noah.

"Alright, alright, settle down!" I said with a soft chuckle as I pulled my phone out of my jeans' pocket, "I'll call him. You get your jacket, OK?"

"OK!" Noah giggled and ran down the hallway towards his room – and I chuckle and shook my head fondly at him as I unlocked my phone and opened up my contacts.

My hand trembled a little as my thumb hovered over Harry's name. With a deep breath, I tapped his contact and called his number – my teeth anxiously nibbling on my bottom lip as I held the phone to my ear.