Chapter 10

"I still can't believe I agreed to this" I mumbled as my brother drove me towards the davenport house/mansion.

I was currently heading over to their place because my mom thinks I need to socialize more and also Bree is having a slumber party.

Not that I hate slumber party- you know what, screw the act. I hate slimber parties and truth be told, it's not really my scene but Bree really wanted me to come and as her friend I trust her that nothing bad will happen tonight. I doubt it though.

"I can't believe it either. Mia Falcon is going to her first slumber party" My brother teased and he pulled on my cheek.

I smacked his arm and said "shut up. It's a good thing the boys will be there to keep me company. I love Bree but I have a feeling that she will be a little bit distracted with trying to keep the guest happy"

Jake just chuckled and said "well we're here. You want to call her and let her know that your here?"

I shook my head, held up a key and said "don't worry about it. Bree gave me a key to the place the last time she came over"

"Bye sis, have fun" he teased as I stepped out of the car with my sleeping bag and two pillows.

As I walked up along the driveway I looked down at one of my pillows(which was a worn out penguin pillow pet) and hugged it up to my chest.

I don't know how long I've had it but ever since I was little I couldn't sleep anywhere without it.

I know what you're thinking 'the Amelia Falcon needs a pillow pet to sleep at nigh?'

I may be super but I'm also human too. If you told anyone about this, they probably wouldn't believe you because they think I'm brave and perfect when in reality I still need my childhood teddy bear to help me sleep at night.

My parents have never put me before anything, sure they love me but if they were offered a two person cruise on the same day as my birthday, they would take the cruise.

I know that sounds awful but that's my life, that's why I'm so guarded and need to sleep with a penguin at night.

No one knows about this except Leo, which is a good thing but Leo sometimes tries to put me before anything but it doesn't work out and I usually put him before me.

I looked down at my outfit which consists of a black tanktop with a purple shirt over it that shows off one shoulder, black pajama bottoms and black cat slippers.

My hair was in a side ponytail, keeping it under control.

I unlocked the door and opened it to see the boys playing video games as Bree yelled."Hey! I thought I told you to get lost? The coolest girls in school are coming for a sleepover and I don't want this place smelling like feet and pickles."

Adam smelled himself and said "No, not me. I'm armpits and onions."

"Awe but I like pickles" I said catching everyone's attention.

Bree squealed and speeded over to me.

"I can't believe you came" she said, giving me a bone crushing hug.

I let out a breathy laugh and said "wouldn't miss ot for the world. Bree, can't breathe"

"Sorry" she apologized as she let me go.

I walked over and sat on the couch next to Chase as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and argued over to Tasha "Hey! Why does she get to have a party?"

"Because she needs to socialize more with girls so she'll stop challenging random strangers to loogie contests." Tasha responded, crossing her arms.