Chapter 7

"Adam, that was the rebel leader. The whole purpose of today's mission simulation was to interrogate him." Yelled Mr. Davenport as Adam, Bree, and Chase exited the simulator.

"I did, and his answer was 'Ahhhhhh!'" Adam screamed waving his arms around in a panicked motion.

I rolled my eyes but laughed lightly at his joke.

I did that on my first mission, good times, good times.

"Hey next time could maybe throw in a cute blue eye rebel?" Bree asked.

Mr. Davenport gave her a look that meant 'no'.

"What? I just sayin' it wouldn't kill you to add a little somethin, somethin for the ladies. Am I right Mia?"

Before I responded Chase cut in sternly "not happening"

He looked over to me blushing "uh I mean-your sure-forget it"

"Step aside amateurs, go ahead Big D! Set it to awesome!" Leo said and moved Chase, Adam and I to the side.

Then went up on the simulation platform with a pair of goggles on getting in a fighting stance.

"He already goes on missions with me, what more does he want?" I whispered to myself and no one heard me, or so I thought.

Chase walked over to the cyberdesk so he and his siblings could get a bottle of water and said to Leo "Leo these are not a toy"

"Come on! My birthday's coming up. Globally known as Dia Del el Leo."

" También es mi cumpleaños, pero nadie parece recordar que hacer" I mumbled in Spanish as everyone looked at me oddly.

Yes I have the same birthday as Leo but no one exactly remembers it so Leo and I usually celebrate it together.

Well I celebrate it alone with Leo making sure no one is around and my parents usually make a small party just for Leo and I but nothing big.

His mom does this big surprise party but I never like huge parties nor telling people it's my birthday.

"No. I designed the mission simulator to fine tune their bionics not to go on 3D joy rides, besides you're not trained for it." Mr. Davenport said ignoring what I just mumbled in Spanish (because he didn't understand it).

"Well, how about, as a birthday gift, you give me a bionic ability?" Leo suggested and I bit my lip.

This boy is desperate for superpowers.

Mr. Davenport placed a hand on his shoulder patting it sympathetically and said rudely "Or...I could gift wrap reality and you could play with that for a while."

Chase walked over to Leo, arms crossed and he asked "So Leo's having a birthday. What are you, like, nine?"

"Fourteen." Leo responded plainly.

Chase laughed before turning serious again "No seriously."

I looked over to him and asked putting my chin on my palm "So how are you going to celebrate it this year?"

"Every year my mom throws me a big surprise party as you already knew" he bragged.

"Really?" Adam asked astonished.

Leo started to brag again "Last year she baked a cake the size of me! I'm not gonna brag but I was delicious."

A few seconds later Tasha rushed down the lab saying "I just found out that I won an award for my undercover report on expired produce, ' Something In The Produce Can Kill You'."