“The Great Late, Zeke TanChi.” I heard Jordan say. A tall, fair-skinned, 5’9”, charming guy in his 20s walked in a confident stride towards us. A big smile plastered on his face while carrying a bag full of wine bottles.  He has the usual Chinese features but he reminds you so much of Daniel Henney. Yes, he’s quite the hottie. He really is. I think I may have had a little bitty hidden desire for him when I first met him a few years ago. His charm is undeniable, that’s why he’s one of the top negotiators for their family corporation.

“Sorry I’m late. I had a meeting in Makati and traffic was deadly.” He put down 4 bottles of French wine on the table.

“Business or pleasure? You got here at 9:30, it must be pleasure.” Jordan teased. Everyone let out a short laugh.

“You didn’t have to bring those. We’re here in the House of Liquor.” I greeted him. I stood up to get him a glass.

“I missed you too, Zelene. I haven’t seen you in ages.” He came up to me and kissed me on the cheek.

“I missed you too, so here take this shot!” I shoved a glass of whisky in his hand. “Wait, have you eaten?”

“Yeah. I ate a bit. Hey you forgot something…”

“I know. Here. I know you like it on the rocks.” Putting some ice in his glass. I sat back down.

“Thanks.” He smiled at me, his eyes squinted. He sat across from me next to Arvin who was to my right. I was seated next to Louie while the girls were seated at the other end of the oval table. The girls were only drinking wine.

11PM and 5 bottles of Premier whisky after.

 “Wow. It’s only 11 but we’ve finished 5 bottles?” Jordan shouted.

“Not too loud, man. Are you trying to make me deaf?” Will was waving his hand in Jordan’s face.

 “I’m going home by 12. I have to go to church later.” Franco announced while looking at his watch.

“Hey. You live just across the street!” Arvin slapped his arm. Both were already so red and quite drunk.

“Cinderella!” I teased Franco.

“Let him be. He doesn’t want to celebrate with you. You’re bad, Franco. Just because Tyler is your friend.” Louie remarked as he pointed at Franco with his hand, which still held a glass full of whisky. Franco and Tyler hail from the same town and both have relatives in Sydney. When Franco goes to either place, he and Tyler usually hang.

“Jordan! Wake up and pour me a shot!” Zeke said to Jordan, who was about to close his eyes. “What celebration? Is it your birthday, Zelene?” he asked.

“Hahaha Zeke. My birthday is not until January. Louie and Jordan are both crazy.” I chuckled as I took a sip of my drink.

“Oh yeah, you don’t know. It’s like this… “ Arvin started to speak.

“We’re celebrating Zelen’s singlehood! Woohooo!!” Louie and Jordan shouted in unison. Even clinking their glasses.

 “Nadine, Julianne, your husbands are so embarrassing!” I hit Louie and Jordan in their arms. They kept laughing.

“We share their sentiments, Zeel. Don’t be embarrassed. We know you would prefer this over sadness and drama.” Nadine was now, taking the dirty plates off the table and into the kitchen. Sophie was now staring into her glass, obviously buzzed from the wine. Julianne was just enjoying what was happening.

“Really? You guys broke up?” Zeke asked. He stood from his chair and poured me some more whisky.

I looked at him. A bit surprised he asked. We never talked about personal stuff. He would always kid me about getting married and having kids but that was because my friends are married and have kids.