Chapter 18: Painting the Future

Start from the beginning

Alright, deep breaths Velloa. You can do this. It's only a gathering of children... Children that are perfectly capable of ruining my future- Wait no! Stop that! Be more positive! I controlled my breathing as the maids tightened the bodice of my dress. At the end of the day, this is reality. I am the heir of the Imitheos family's Grande title, at the very least they shouldn't be able to easily mess with me. Even if they want to, they have to pay attention to their parents' relationships with my parents. Besides, the game didn't specifically show whether or not Velloa had suffered greatly after any of the endings. While Prince Kai's good end with the MC may cause the greatest damage to my reputation, as long as I still have my life and my family then I'm good.

"You look wonderful, Vell." Virgil's voice brought an end to my contemplating.

Trying my best to hold back a bitter expression, I thank him. "Thank you, brother. You also look absolutely striking in your outfit."

Virgil was currently twelve years old, so he still retained that feminine look that a lot of children have. His outfit consisted of an icy blue long-sleeve button-up shirt, a cobalt vest with silver embroidery, knee-length black shorts and matching cobalt boots that went up to his calves. Along with his hair back in its signature loose braid, he was a pretty boy through and through.

Brother... I hope I don't ever get to see the day you betray me for some... 'Girl'.

Before my expression could break, I turned away to distract myself with my reflection on the full body mirrors. My dress was actually one of the designs shown to me earlier as a potential dance outfit, at least before it was found out that dresses didn't suit the dance style. The dress was made from azure charmeuse fabric, its bodice showed off my collar bones and it flared out freely from my waist into a bell shape. My shoes were only an inch tall and made of a matching azure brocade with silver flowered patterns. As for my hair, it seemed to stay at its million-dollar worth, for even though it was done in a simpler half-up style, the jewellery was switched to a clip-on front headpiece that had various blue gemstones like aquamarine, tanzanite and turquoise, there were also a few strings of gemstones hanging down the length of hair.

Ignoring the jewellery, my outfit looks a lot more mature than I realized, but I guess that suits me better...

"Well then, are you ready, princess?" Cain said with his usual teasing smirk.

Without much thought, I took the hand that Cain offered. Ah, wait. I should have decided to walk with Virgil instead... Looking up at Cain's deep sapphire eyes, I caught a mischievous glint within them. Too late...

"Don't I look good too?"

I let out a sigh. With him currently seventeen years old and practically fully grown, he looked tall and fetching. The indigo high collared velvet jacket he wore had silver trimming and buttons and the black dress pants he wore also had a silver line on each side running along the length of it. Along with the matching close laced indigo ankle-high boots, his military-like outfit exuded a mature and mysterious air that only served to highlight his already good looks. He already knows how good he looks. Seriously, why is he like this?

In exaggerated exasperation, I agreed. "Yes, Cain. You look absolutely fetching."

After thanking the servants, we left the room and made our way back to the hall where all the children were sent to. Speaking of children, I glanced up at Cain.

"Wouldn't it be better if you joined Father?" I questioned.

With a chuckle, Cain essentially brushed off my question. "Does the princess want to get rid of me? I'm hurt."