Chapter 18: Painting the Future

"Miss Velloa, these two are my closest friends. The one wearing glasses is Dmitri Hammond and the younger one is Zephyr Reve." Prince Kai introduced smilingly.

I appreciate the introduction, but I know who they are already. If anything, I know about these capture targets more than anyone...

Trying my best to keep a kind and calm expression, I give a friendly nod. "It is my pleasure to meet the both of you. My name is Velloa Imitheos."

Following my introduction, Virgil and Cain stepped forward to introduce themselves too. In the midst of that, I instinctively looked up in Zephyr Reve's direction, a few steps behind him I caught the gaze of a caramel-haired girl around the same age as me. Her eyes stared at me, probing. With her hair tied in a single ringlet side ponytail and topaz-like orbs, something about her seemed familiar.

Having noticed my gaze, Zephyr followed my line of sight, spotting the girl behind him, he beamed and called out to her. "Sister! Come join us!"

My brows knit together upon hearing those words. Zephyr had an older sister?

The girl approached our group with a gentle smile. "Greetings. My name is Haizea Reve. It is my pleasure to meet the children and apprentice of Imitheos." She said with a curtsy.

Haizea...? My eyes slightly widened. That's right! She took the top spot as an air elementalist in our year in the academy! Not to mention... She's the game's dedicated tutorial character and the MC's best friend.

With a signature sparkly and shiny smile, Prince Kai spoke. "Why don't we find ourselves a place to talk and sit?"

I shot Cain a meaningful look. "Your highness, please forgive us, but could you allow us to withdraw? We were told to change our clothes after the performance." He smoothly articulated.

With slightly widened eyes, he finally let go of my hand that he had been holding the entire time. "Oh, no need to apologize, if anything, I should be the one to do so. Please forgive my rudeness, I should have asked beforehand if you needed to be somewhere else."

Virgil spoke. "Please do not apologize, your highness. We're all still children, so please be rest assured."

Nodding at Virgil's words, Prince Kai beamed. "Then do please re-join with us later on."

Before I could even think about voicing a no, Cain lifted me up onto his arms. "Of course, your highness. Now then, we will withdraw ourselves for the moment."

As Cain turned to leave with me in his arms, I once again caught Haizea's inquisitive gaze. Great, now I have to watch out for her too...

The moment the three of us stepped out of the hall and far enough away from earshot, I let out a sigh. "I'm tired..."

Whilst patting my head, Cain spoke reassuringly. "You'll have to bear with it for now, princess."

Puffing out my cheeks, I huffed. "Don't wanna."

"Entertain Prince Kai for now, Vell. It's only for today." Virgil spoke gently.

With pursed lips, I gave in after I caught Virgil's tender gaze. "Fine..."

I'm the child of a noble house; interacting with other children who are also from noble parents shouldn't be surprising... Wanting to rest my head for a moment, I wrapped my arms around Cain's neck and laid my head on the crook of his neck. Cain better not say anything. I'm seriously feeling exhausted from all the anxiety...

Thankfully, he didn't. There was only the sound of movement as we made our way to the same room we had been in before the performance. Upon entering the room, the servants who had been waiting for us immediately got to work. I sank back into my thoughts as the maids did their thing.