Chapter 1: Stay The Night

So in my previous stories, I wrote about 2000 words per chapter. However, in this story, I'm planning to write longer chapters. Thus, updates might not be as regular but you get more in the chapter. This chapter is over 3000 words long so yeah...you can imagine how long it took to write.

If you want to read two chapters ahead, head over to Inkitt. You can find a link on my profile that leads you to my Inkitt profile! Many thanks. 

Find me on Instagram: lydiarose_61

The song is Stay The Night by Zedd feat. Hayley Williams

----------------------------

"You're not allowed to do that Harper!" My adorable younger brother, Jackson, screams at me and pouts. I laugh at his cute face and pinch his chubby cheeks, earning a scowl from him. "That's not funny either."

I crouch down to my baby brother's height, "I'm sorry Jackie, could you possibly forgive me?" I ask, jutting out my bottom lip. If there's one thing I know without a doubt about my brother, it is that he can't hold a grudge for very long. He is too forgiving. At the age of five, he has no reason to hold a grudge against anyone. Not even his darling sister.

Jackson scowls when I say his nickname. "Don't call me Jackie!"

I raise my arms up, surrendering. "Alright, alright buddy. I promise I won't."

Jackson grumbles something under his breath and then peers at me. His bright blue eyes, the same ones as I have, stare back at me with innocence. I adore my little brother. He is the epitome of innocence. He is kind, caring and sweet. I dread to think what the world will do to him in the future. In the safety of our pack, he is safe. He is sheltered. But if he decided to go out into the human world or a different pack, he could be corrupted. I despise the thought of my brother seeing the horrors of the world. As his big sister, it is my duty to protect him as much as I can from the world outside. No matter what the cost.

"Fine," Jackson relents, quietly. "I forgive you."

I smile widely and lift Jackson into the air, causing him to giggle childishly. A gigantic smile forms on my face at the sound and happiness blossoms throughout my body. I will never tire of his laughter.

"Harper! Jackson!" A voice shouts into the warm air. I turn my head to face my mother, who is grinning at our behavior. "Dinner's ready!"

I groan internally. Tonight, we are having dinner with the Alpha's family. My father is the beta of the pack, a title he earned after being friends with the Alpha since childhood. As much as I love Alpha John and Luna Claire, their eldest son, Drake, loves to torment me. Our 'friendship' goes back to our diaper days and the days when we shared a bathtub. Throughout my twenty years, Drake has bugged me. If it was small pranks or flirting, he always made me want to strangle him.

"Let's go, buddy," I say, lowering Jackson into my arms. Using my werewolf speed and strength, I carry Jackson with me to our house quickly. He giggles the whole time, his eyes sparkling with glee.